Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Gernay, Oldridge, Horne Plead Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by commando View Post
    This and other related threads are quite the study in human nature. More specifically, I am referring to the "knee-jerk" reactions many people seem to have when something big happens. And yes, I do think the J.O./dirty six thing is very big.

With that being said, you see this kind of thinking happen over and over in the financial markets: What? CEO John Doe may have to resign because he lied on his taxes? CALL THE BROKER AND SELL, SELL, SELL! What? Apple's earnings are eight cents below projections this quarter? CALL THE BROKER AND SELL, SELL, SELL! What? The numbers have been audited and it appears that the accountant pocketed a few thousand dollars? SELL, SELL, SELL!!!

To be fair, of course it is possible that J.O. Sports sold bad (or sloppily documented) stuff. I'm not defending anyone in that regard. All I am saying is that when you start talking about forged photo matches from companies that had direct team contracts, you might want to find at least one example before you start spreading the panic. Most card companies were apparently not concerned with photo matches, but were depending on the reputations of the sellers. As has been stated before, there is a big difference between selling to a card company versus selling to a collector who will leave the jersey in one piece -- and will be probably concerned with dates, stains and loose threads.

Once again, this post is not meant to defend anyone. I'm simply looking at how certain people -- whether an investor or collector -- tend to overreact when events happen. A large, quick drop in the price of a stock due to a short-term event usually signals a good time to buy. I'll say the same thing here; if anyone wants to sell me their J.O. jerseys for 20% the price they originally paid, feel free to shoot me an email.

Your examples arent even close to this situation. A better example would be Ford has been selling fake Mustangs for the past 5 years mixing them in with real ones. But there is no way to really know if you are getting a much cheaper replica. Watch the prices then.

And you seem to think they only sold these to card companies, which isnt the case. As for the one example you seem to be needing isnt a federal conviction enough? Is that not one example?

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    Your examples arent even close to this situation. A better example would be Ford has been selling fake Mustangs for the past 5 years mixing them in with real ones. But there is no way to really know if you are getting a much cheaper replica. Watch the prices then.

And you seem to think they only sold these to card companies, which isnt the case. As for the one example you seem to be needing isnt a federal conviction enough? Is that not one example?
    I appreciate your counter response, but I have to disagree. The example of Ford selling fake Mustangs with no way to tell the difference is not a realistic example. Cars, and even jerseys to a large extent, are unique and nearly impossible to fake correctly. If you have a degree of knowledge and access to info such as photos and characteristics of the real thing, you should absolutely be able to say an item is real.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I assume the "fake Mustangs" would be produced by Ford to save some money for the company. The corner-cutting and cheaper parts would be very evident.

I'm sure the dirty six are going to have to account for the bad stuff they sold. Hopefully, as many items as possible will be exposed for the benefit of us all. I will NEVER defend any of these guys.... But many of you on this board did indeed pay good money for good items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Re: Photomatching JO Jerseys Related Issues

I don't own one single JO jersey, but if I collected football I would purchase several. And I say this next sentence with 150% sincerity. I would by from JO before buying from 85% of GUU forum members. There are the very few, extremely rare, good guys here and then there are the majority that lie, cheat, misrepresent items for a buck etc.

Most (nearly all that I have personally looked at) of JO's products can be 100% photomatched and show OUTSTANDING, PHENOMIAL amounts of use. That can't be said about most of the items I've seen here with little to no evidence of use that some of you claim to be "game used".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Titans74 View Post
    I don't own one single JO jersey, but if I collected football I would purchase several. And I say this next sentence with 150% sincerity. I would by from JO before buying from 85% of GUU forum members. There are the very few, extremely rare, good guys here and then there are the majority that lie, cheat, misrepresent items for a buck etc.

Most (nearly all that I have personally looked at) of JO's products can be 100% photomatched and show OUTSTANDING, PHENOMIAL amounts of use. That can't be said about most of the items I've seen here with little to no evidence of use that some of you claim to be "game used".
    Why do you want to hang out a bunch of cheats and liars?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrcha View Post

In my humble opinion, it's time for this thread to be shut down by Chris. All this thread has turned into is a smear campaign against JO Sports Co. At this point there's nothing constructive coming out of this thread. It's time to absoreb what's happend, internalize it and move on. Lets be honest, unless you got your jersey from the actual player who wore it...how do you really know if it's legit or not? Be educated on what you're purchasing.
    Smearing JO Sports???? I'm still laughing over this comment. I think JO smeared themselves. Are you serious????? Sounds like another JO apologist.

If you plan to keep your items and you're happy with them great, but if you wanted to sell them your items took a financial hit photo matched or not.

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    Why do you want to hang out a bunch of cheats and liars?
    Fortunately, for me, I am able to seperate "online world" and real world relationships. I don't "hang out" online. And there are a few, very few, good members left here with whom sharing and talking game used makes it worth what little time I do spend online.

Hope that clears up your confussion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids, period."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Just saw this new, revamped version of the old thread.
    Also saw some turd call me out in the very first post.

saintsgaux and shubert, do yourselves and all of us a favor: go find something else to sit for hours......literally HOURS your posts have required to type all the BS that flows from your gnarled fingertips.......and offer your opinions on.

Watch your neighbors, go sit at an intersection, lurk at the mall, whatever. I'm quite sure you both can find something else to occupy your necessary need to b#@ch about things you have no involvement in.

Your seemingly endless ranting like a couple of old busy-body women has become more than tiresome.

In short, get a life or simply just GO AWAY.
    Typical.....once you run out of substance you get personal. Never seen someone so bitter and defensive about their collection. I'll give you this, you're entertaining. Keep 'em comming.

Banned

Just saw this new, revamped version of the old thread.
    Also saw some turd call me out in the very first post.

saintsgaux and shubert, do yourselves and all of us a favor: go find something else to sit for hours......literally HOURS your posts have required to type all the BS that flows from your gnarled fingertips.......and offer your opinions on.

Watch your neighbors, go sit at an intersection, lurk at the mall, whatever. I'm quite sure you both can find something else to occupy your necessary need to b#@ch about things you have no involvement in.

Your seemingly endless ranting like a couple of old busy-body women has become more than tiresome.

In short, get a life or simply just GO AWAY.

You know what. If I had bought as many items as you had from a fraudulent dealer, I'd be bitter too. I think I should be more understanding of your situation. Hope you future purchases have better results.

34Sweetness, when will you enlighten us on your CONCRETE FACT of how you know who buys from this membership from JO Sports.

Also post photos of your conclusive photomatched jerseys. I want to see how great this collection is and sure others would be educated also.

And again, for the record, I will absolutely continue buying Bears jerseys from JO Sports and I do not care what any of you think about that.

Have a lovely weekend.
    Second.

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.