Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Retail cleats "game used" by McGwire?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172588993308

Seller says that I wasn't the winner, and it's already sold, so he doesn't care to answer questions. He stated the cleats were from 1999.

Tag appears to date to 1997 Nov - 1998 Jan. I don't know, but other cleats I've seen sold had special promo tags. Do the Cards usually offer up retail tagged cleats?

Re: Retail cleats "game used" by McGwire?

FYI i sold about 60 pairs of Cardinal game worn cleats so far this year. U should go through the other 59 pair and check for use/style/year etc and create a spreadsheet. This would be an excellent use of your time.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    I sold the cleats. Thanks for annoying me and wasting my time. I did not sell the cleats as a specific year if u check the auction. I do not have to answer 20 questions from someone that did not buy them. Get a life. You also told me u were just taking a survey of what year i thought they were as u were tracking game used cleats worn by Mcgwire......apparently a lie! Dont post on here criticizing my item when u are obviously clueless.
    Actually, I was trying to compile information, since VSA sold a similar looking pair of cleats a while back with a questionable McGwire signature. I was looking for info, but your responses were unnecessarily defensive, which made me question the validity of the item.

Also, you messaged me that it was a 1999 cleat, through eBay's messaging system.

Compile information? On cleats that sold? Interesting. These are the VSA cleats i believe. They have a Lou Sampson LOA for game use and a JSA for the signature. I bought these in a group of many other cleats. I chose to wipe off the signature since I didnt think it looked good even though JSA passed it. By doing this it meant I would sell them for less $ but I wouldnt be selling something that I thought was questionable. I answered your first couple questions through ebay but once we moved past that i told u to conduct your own "research" that they were sold and there is no point in me wasting my time. I told you that "i was told they were 1999" and in the auction listing I didnt list a year as i wasnt positive. I sold about 400 game used items on ebay so far this year and if I had to answer multiple questions from people that didnt bid or win my items I would have zero time for anything else.
    I still feel I owe u nothing and dealt with you and tried to satisfy your questions. I have zero obligation to even answer your questions. The buyer asked questions and then won the auction. Call Lou Sampson and question him about the cleats and or call VSA.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    Compile information? On cleats that sold? Interesting. These are the VSA cleats i believe. They have a Lou Sampson LOA for game use and a JSA for the signature.
    You probably should have returned them to VSA rather than wiping off the signature. Lou Lampson items tend toward questionable. I think, at one point, he was one of the most respected sources for autographed (and game used) items, but it turned out that much of his items were forgeries or fakes.

Now knowing that it is the same pair from VSA, I'm pretty certain they weren't McGwire gamers. I'm not faulting you directly, but the item (given its origins) is questionable.

That's funny Ben - great Clemente by the way. Not to add gasoline on, troll, or whatever to this thread, but I purchased a few bats from Sean this year and the interactions were nothing short of fantastic. He was completely fair and I could see him taking less for an item to preserve integrity. I just thought I would put my experience out there.

Quote Originally Posted by joecoco View Post
    That's funny Ben - great Clemente by the way. Not to add gasoline on, troll, or whatever to this thread, but I purchased a few bats from Sean this year and the interactions were nothing short of fantastic. He was completely fair and I could see him taking less for an item to preserve integrity. I just thought I would put my experience out there.
    As I stated before, I'm not questioning Sean. I'm specifically questioning how often retail cleats would be game used by McGwire.

Someone post a pic of the signed cleats before the signature was removed. I can only imagine how bad the sig was as McGwire's auto when he signed red cleats was normally gorgeous as his late 90's style full signature was a thing of it's own. And Btw, McGwire gu cleats from his cardinal years were obtained directly from him as gifts and almost always he added a full name sig. Just my 2 cents. I have over 300 of his signatures. Would to see a pic of the auto that was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by panthrotc View Post
    Someone post a pic of the signed cleats before the signature was removed. I can only imagine how bad the sig was as McGwire's auto when he signed red cleats was normally gorgeous as his late 90's style full signature was a thing of it's own. And Btw, McGwire gu cleats from his cardinal years were obtained directly from him as gifts and almost always he added a full name sig. Just my 2 cents. I have over 300 of his signatures. Would to see a pic of the auto that was removed.
    300 signatures? Wow! What is your earliest full signature. I have some McGwire signatures and this is the best full signature I've come across. Please show your best full signature. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Quote Originally Posted by panthrotc View Post
    Here they are
    Attached Images Attached Images