Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Re: NFL AUCTIONS - Game Used

I have also noticed duplicate items coming back up for auction, but I am of the belief that they are not the same item....... they just look very similar!

I thought that everyone needed an active CC at all times to be able to bid. Once, I even received an e-mail from the NFL during an active auction stating that my card was no longer active and needed to be updated.

To further strengthen my claim, I purchased the previous Hovan International Jersey that sold and it is a great item. It is so disgusting and smelly that it had to have been worn the entire game! The new one listed looks much cleaner and is not signed.

I would love to hear the NFL's take on the Duplicates. Its easy to say that they are coming back because people aren't paying, but duplicates are happening way too often.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    I have also noticed duplicate items coming back up for auction, but I am of the belief that they are not the same item....... they just look very similar!

I thought that everyone needed an active CC at all times to be able to bid. Once, I even received an e-mail from the NFL during an active auction stating that my card was no longer active and needed to be updated.

To further strengthen my claim, I purchased the previous Hovan International Jersey that sold and it is a great item. It is so disgusting and smelly that it had to have been worn the entire game! The new one listed looks much cleaner and is not signed.

I would love to hear the NFL's take on the Duplicates. Its easy to say that they are coming back because people aren't paying, but duplicates are happening way too often.
    Hmm. My theory was a credit card can also be a credit/debit card and if someone does not have the necessary funds in his or her account the transaction will not go through. So I thought that was what people might be doing. But and this is why I love this forum you have proved that some of the items are in fact duplicates. So the only other theory i have is that some players wore multiple jerseys in the same game. The thing I am really stuck on though is Ronde Barber is back on there, what did he change jerseys after every play or something?

Banned

Wow Cards jerseys are now up. I hope this means Warner and Fitzgerald are coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Wow Cards jerseys are now up. I hope this means Warner and Fitzgerald are coming soon.

SB weekend maybe?

Doesn't make much sense to me......I have requested a response from the NFL and will post it as soon as I hear back from them.

I own at least 3 of the items that are up again. The odd part is that some of these Jerseys are so beat to crap and smell like they have been worn for a whole season, I can't imagine them swapping Jerseys. I know that they do it in alot of other sports, but the NFL Jerseys are actually put on the shoulder pads with a mechanism. I couldn't imagine them doing that during the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Doesn't make much sense to me......I have requested a response from the NFL and will post it as soon as I hear back from them.

I own at least 3 of the items that are up again. The odd part is that some of these Jerseys are so beat to crap and smell like they have been worn for a whole season, I can't imagine them swapping Jerseys. I know that they do it in alot of other sports, but the NFL Jerseys are actually put on the shoulder pads with a mechanism. I couldn't imagine them doing that during the game.
    Some players are known to wear two per game but it is mostly QBs that do with Favre being the prime example and I know Emmitt Smith back in his run to the record used to wear multiple jerseys per game. At halftime I guess would be the only real time to change though because like you said they are hard to get on and off but even then they only have a few minutes so I am anxious to see their response.

Hhhhmmm, what word am I thinking of?

Here's a hint: it rhymes with "shill".

Oh crap......