Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Mastro - 2006 Shaquille O'Neal Finals jersey

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Great! We are on the same page, I though the 8000 picture quote was a shot at MEARS. I was never considering Lou Lampson in my discussion, since I do not believe he accepts public submissions.
    No no, I wouldn't take a shot at MEARS without one heck of a good reason. Simply existing doesn't constitute "a good reason".
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Hi Joel,

Yes, MeiGray offers an authentication service.

We have not publicized it on our website because we get too many items to authenticate simply through word of mouth among our more than 11,300-customer database. Substantive and thorough authentication, which we pride ourselves on at MeiGray and which we believe sets us above other authenticators, takes much time and effort.

We work primarily with hockey jerseys, but with our access to Getty Images' vast photo library, and the resources of the NHL and NBA through our league endorsed authentication programs, quite often we can help.

We do not authenticate all game-worn jerseys, because we do not consider ourselves experts on all aspects of all sports within the game-worn hobby, and we do not try to waste collectors' time and money if we do not believe we can help.

Please let me know which jersey or jerseys you would like to have authenticated, by calling me toll-free at 888-463-4472, or e-mailing me at bmeisel@meigray.com.

I'll be happy to let you know if we can help,
    Regards,
    Barry

I have used Meigray for 3rd party authentication...Barry and Stu have worked with me on several items...nothing but a positive experience with both...CLASS ACTS!

-Chris

jersey has been removed.

rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    Hi Joel,

Yes, MeiGray offers an authentication service.

We have not publicized it on our website because we get too many items to authenticate simply through word of mouth among our more than 11,300-customer database. Substantive and thorough authentication, which we pride ourselves on at MeiGray and which we believe sets us above other authenticators, takes much time and effort.

We work primarily with hockey jerseys, but with our access to Getty Images' vast photo library, and the resources of the NHL and NBA through our league endorsed authentication programs, quite often we can help.

We do not authenticate all game-worn jerseys, because we do not consider ourselves experts on all aspects of all sports within the game-worn hobby, and we do not try to waste collectors' time and money if we do not believe we can help.

Please let me know which jersey or jerseys you would like to have authenticated, by calling me toll-free at 888-463-4472, or e-mailing me at bmeisel@meigray.com.

I'll be happy to let you know if we can help,
    Regards,
    Barry

reading a post like this reiterates the differences between Meigray and all other authenticators...it sounds like they do the same reasearch that many on this site do, but with greater resourses

Meigray comes right out and tells ya how they do it...No BS...anyone know what lengths 100% UN-authentic, Lampson, GF, and Mastro go to authenticate something?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    reading a post like this reiterates the differences between Meigray and all other authenticators...it sounds like they do the same reasearch that many on this site do, but with greater resourses

Meigray comes right out and tells ya how they do it...No BS...anyone know what lengths 100% UN-authentic, Lampson, GF, and Mastro go to authenticate something?
    Sounds good, I may be contacting Barry somewhere down the road for this service. Barry Meisel has always been a gentleman and professional in any conversations I have had with him.

Thanks for the kind words, Joel.

We hope to hear from you,

Barry