Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 23 of 218 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    Here are a few shots of the D.J. Williams Broncos jersey I recently purchased on EBay. It was originally offered through NFL Auctions and I was thrilled with the use on it. There are several team repairs and a number of marks, stains, etc...

Reed:

Great pickup and at a bargain price to boot when compared to the original NFL Auction's sale price of $700+!

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO WORE THE FOLLOWING HELMETS? Thanks for any help you can give...

Cardinals circa 1987 # 34
    Saints circa 1994 #67
    Broncos circa 1987 #51
    DrJ:

#51 was worn by Denver Broncos linebacker Marc Munford from 1987 through 1990.

Best regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org

Dr. J,

Andy McCollum, the long-time starting center for the Rams from the University of Toledo, wore #67 for the New Orleans Saints from 1994 through 1998. Note that he was active for only one regular-season game for the Saints in 1994, but did not participate in that game.

Regarding the Cardinals, I could not make a positive ID for the 1987 season. Keep in mind that three games were played with strike replacement players that year. Tony Mumford (Penn State) is listed as #34 on the 1986 preseason roster. He played two games in 1985 for St. Louis, but did not make the team in 1986. Jessie Clark (Arkansas & Louisiana Tech) appears to have worn #34 in 1988 and 1989 for the Cardinals.

Hope this information is useful.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Thanks, Patrick! I was pretty excited to see that jersey offered for such a relatively low price. I've also heard that Broncos jerseys aren't too easy to find and I've been a fan of DJ Williams, since his days with Miami and decided to go for it.

In looking at the jersey, there are several pretty big repairs to the shoulder areas. Although the NFL lists it as having been worn during the Chargers game, is it feesible that it was worn in others? I can't imagine the team repairing the shirt if it was just going to be donated to the NFL for sale in their auctions. Thanks again!!

Mark and Patrick -

Thank you both for helping me identify those helmets.

What you say about the Cardinals helmet makes a lot of sense - I wasn't even thinking about 1987 having replacement players.

Even though McCollum didn't play much for the Saints, I particularly like the helmet because it has the Jim Finks memorial decal on back. Memorial decals on authentic game-used helmets have always been hard to find from my experience.

Thanks again.

Rams Jersey & Helmet

Anthony Hargrove Rams Jersey & Aaron Walker Rams helmet. Just received this week.

Jay

Aeneas01,
    Thanks for the info on the LT helmet. If you ever need any other info on any of my helmets, email me.
    irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

Jayt1234,
    Nice Ram stuff.
    Reed 1216
    The DJ Williams is as good as it get. You got nice Cardinal stuff too.
    KJJAVK
    Nice Eagles collection. I would like a Reggie White jersey someday.
    Grandpahoo
    There almost wasn't anything left to sell of the Sharper jersey, its hammered.

I'm going to throw a few QB jerseys on. If anyone wants more info or pictures on any of them let me know.
    Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Mark Brunell, Drew Bledsoe, Mark Bulger, Kerry Collins, Damien Craig. All are documented.

Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images          

this thread is like walking through a museum - great items by all
    -Mike

Always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia
    Private messages ARE enabled

Roger- Thanks for the kind words. I must say that your home must be a museum!! I don't think I could ever imagine seeing so many great NFL items under one roof- outside of Canton. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Roger,

Nice Brunell jersey. What year is it from?