Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Chicago White Sox Soxfest

At the clubhouse sale in November you could get a signed authenticated peavy st pattys hat game used for $40. Why the hell would anyone pay $75 for a replica snap back.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    There really wasn't anything special with the hats unless they were picked through the first hour.
    I picked up a Konerko BP hat for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa1334 View Post
    I guess u had to be one of the 1st there to get one then, 300 is decent I guess , too pricey for me lol
    I arrived at the line 2:15pm on Friday and I estimate there were around 150 people ahead of me (although most people didn't go to GU booth right away). They let in a wave of about 80-100 people around 3:15pm and I went in shortly after 3:40pm. I went straight to the GU booth and checked the jerseys rack first. By then, there were no A Garcia left, only a L Garcia. I saw a couple of Konerko at $1,500, Sale at $1,000, and Reed for $400. One person had over a dozen jerseys, but I couldn't tell whose they were. I only got one Rienzo black alternate, which was only issued. If anyone got another Rienzo, I would love to know.

The rest of the items were not very interesting to me and prices seemed to be in general higher than the holiday sale in December. There were few catchers gears, helmets, and only 1983 pants. The hats were mostly from players I didn't recognize, although there were a couple of Ventura hats at $50.

In general, I didn't think it was worth attending the event to find GU items. It was better for people looking for autographs, as several key current and past players signed, some like Konerko all 3 days, unlike some other team fan fests where the key players don't show up or don't sign. Notable absence was Sale.

I had never gone to an autograph show or fan fest before, but it felt like you were rushing so you could wait in line. The one complaint I had about the autograph sessions was related to Bo Jackson's session. There was a sign posted at the entrance of the room his session was held, I understand the day before his session but I didn't see it until Sunday, that he was only signing a photo to be provided at the session, no memorabilia or even your own photo. Apparently he has a contract that prevents him to sign other items, which I can understand, but the White Sox should have known this ahead of time and should have mentioned it when they announced his attendance. I heard some people had come from far just to attend his signing and were very upset when they found this out.

A final note about the autograph sessions. Some are very crowded and the bracelets are given out very quickly, while others are the opposite. Depending on your collection focus, you can get many autographs without waiting too long. This was the case with former players (Stone, Farmer, Peterson), current (Nate Jones) and prospects (Semien, E Johson, M Johnson).

I didn't attend any seminar, but I thought it is great that those who are interested to hear from the GM, manager, current and past players, can do so and even ask them questions.

Again, if anyone picked up a Rienzo jersey or saw one besides the black alternate, I would love to know.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    I picked up a Konerko BP hat for $100.
    Thats awesome, would love a pk hat. Good price too

Thome svigned a perfect signiture with the #25 inscribed for the girl behind me but gave me this.

Quote Originally Posted by esigs View Post
    I arrived at the line 2:15pm on Friday and I estimate there were around 150 people ahead of me (although most people didn't go to GU booth right away). They let in a wave of about 80-100 people around 3:15pm and I went in shortly after 3:40pm. I went straight to the GU booth and checked the jerseys rack first. By then, there were no A Garcia left, only a L Garcia. I saw a couple of Konerko at $1,500, Sale at $1,000, and Reed for $400. One person had over a dozen jerseys, but I couldn't tell whose they were. I only got one Rienzo black alternate, which was only issued. If anyone got another Rienzo, I would love to know.

The rest of the items were not very interesting to me and prices seemed to be in general higher than the holiday sale in December. There were few catchers gears, helmets, and only 1983 pants. The hats were mostly from players I didn't recognize, although there were a couple of Ventura hats at $50.

In general, I didn't think it was worth attending the event to find GU items. It was better for people looking for autographs, as several key current and past players signed, some like Konerko all 3 days, unlike some other team fan fests where the key players don't show up or don't sign. Notable absence was Sale.

I had never gone to an autograph show or fan fest before, but it felt like you were rushing so you could wait in line. The one complaint I had about the autograph sessions was related to Bo Jackson's session. There was a sign posted at the entrance of the room his session was held, I understand the day before his session but I didn't see it until Sunday, that he was only signing a photo to be provided at the session, no memorabilia or even your own photo. Apparently he has a contract that prevents him to sign other items, which I can understand, but the White Sox should have known this ahead of time and should have mentioned it when they announced his attendance. I heard some people had come from far just to attend his signing and were very upset when they found this out.

A final note about the autograph sessions. Some are very crowded and the bracelets are given out very quickly, while others are the opposite. Depending on your collection focus, you can get many autographs without waiting too long. This was the case with former players (Stone, Farmer, Peterson), current (Nate Jones) and prospects (Semien, E Johson, M Johnson).

I didn't attend any seminar, but I thought it is great that those who are interested to hear from the GM, manager, current and past players, can do so and even ask them questions.

Again, if anyone picked up a Rienzo jersey or saw one besides the black alternate, I would love to know.
    They raise prices for soxfest but they usually have better items there. At the clubhouse sale they didn't have many bats or any of the 83' jerseys but prices were cheaper. Morel jersey at the clubhouse sale was $25 soxfest was $100. The same guy gets to the soxfest sale 1st every year and buys a buttload.

helf35, Still Nice, but I feel you. Its like Whats up dude! Can I get the same luv too. Sheesh!

The guy who grabs a bunch of jerseys right away is from Ballpark Heroes. I guess everyone can do the same thing, but, in my opinion, the Sox shouldn't allow him to do this right away. 1) He's buying to resell. 2) I'm sure he's getting some kind of deal on them so he's costing White Sox Charities money.

I feel for you regarding the signature Thome put on your bat. The Greatest Human Being On The Planet is often an ass when it comes to signing stuff. He makes all these little judgements about people and then signs accordingly. He didn't give me a #25 either, but it really didn't matter to me because I had him sign just a magazine. But he was sizing up people throughout his session Sunday. Sometimes he would get ticked off for whatever reason. One woman who didn't receive a #25 from him (I believe it was on a generic bat) returned to the table and asked him to add it. He complied, but was clearly not happy to do it.

If you ask me, Thome is a phoney.

He does look like Mr. Incredible though. Lol..

Honestly, I wish the Sox would change that format at there sales. I would like to see a silent/live auction. All 3 days. Gives everybody a fair shot and lets the collectors dictate pricing. Its not like all the stuff they put out there on the racks gets sold. They know and we know what the hot items are and worth auctioning??

Here's another one I had a 2011 futures game ball from viciedo. He was about to sign it in black and I gave him my blue pen. He looked at me funny then flipped it around and signed it on the backside where you can't see the logo.