Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Possibility I'm Being Scammed. Help Me.

Ok guys, I just won an auction on ebay for a Jason Heyward spring jersey.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260650955210

Does anyone KNOW the seller or KNOW if he is a member here? As soon as I won the auction, I got 5 emails from him saying not to pay through ebay and that I had to send the money to another email address. I am 100% sure that this seller owns the jersey... I know this because the guy that sold it to him offered it to me first, but I had another bill that had to be paid, so he sold it to this guy...

what I'm not sure of, is if his ebay was hacked while it was listed and it is someone else trying to get my money. Does that make sense?

Here is the last email that he sent me. Does anyone recognize the email?

Thank you for bidding on this auction. I have a special request to make. My Paypal account I have set up in connection with this auction is not working properly (I Mispelled it by one letter & could not correct it after 1st bid). Can you manually make Payment to my Paypal account? Do you know how to do that? If you send payment thru ebay checkout, the money will NOT go into my Paypal account. It will get lost/stuck in Paypal.

If you need to speak w/me to confirm this let me know I will email you my phone number immediately and you can talk to me personally to assure you and answer any questions you have.

My Paypal addrress is:
    vintagebats4u@yahoo.com

I appreciate any help with this issue. Hell, I'd be willing to reward someone to clear this up or verify his identity. justinbittner220@hotmail.com

Re: Possibility I'm Being Scammed. Help Me.

The one thought that I did have, is that maybe I should request that He sends me a paypal request and lists the auction number on it. Would that guarantee my safety in the event of a scam?

Got to the request user information form on ebay.

Or contact information as they call it .( you might have to search for it )

This way you get his real info , and you can call him .

good luck

Though I am an ebay junkie, I 'm not sure that I understand what you mean... Lol, can you guide me through it?

It could be true, I would talk to him on the phone and have him send the paypal request for money "for the Heyward jersey". Take your time and be smart, it should work out.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

awa85,
    The phone number he gives could be a ridiculous phony one too that goes to the bogus scamming hacker fraud. Right?

The contact information page is here

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/conta...tml#requesting

you need name and item #

If the sellers rating was low ...real low , then yes I would say he could have a fake number . ( and if its no good then you know ) But the seller is 200 + perfect. Get his number , the one he has listed and call him,

Let him know that he CAN correct his address he listed through paypal and resend the money request through ebay/paypal .

NOTE : A lot of people are doing this because of paypals new rule holding back funds until the shipment arrives and feedback has been left. If he sends money request he gets the $ immediately and you are not protected.
    Bottom line is if you trust the seller then do it , if not dont.

PAYPALS NEW RULES : SUCK , because they already have , in my case , my bank account info , so if anything goes wrong they can just dip into there and get it back to the buyer . Just another way to our money in paypals account longer .

good luck

Not sure I am any help, but would contacting the previous owner (the one who sold the jersey to the ebay seller) be a possibility? Maybe use that person as a middle man if you both trust him and he's willing to do it?
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Thank you... I'll try this is see where it goes. He has good feedback, but so does everyone else until someone steals their name and password and sell a bunch of fake stuff.

Should I ask this guy where and who he got the jersey from? I know the answer to that.

try this

http://shop.ebay.com/ebayadvsearch/_..._dmd=1&_ipg=50

phone number needs to match what the person is giving you thru the email you are getting outside of ebay otherwise I would be skeptical.

good luck
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.