Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Dealing with "Refund and Relist" Sellers.

"So I can get unpaid item strikes for bidding and not paying, but a non selling shipper gets no such flagging"

That's the way i interpreted this.

Hope it's not true.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Yeah, I hope not also, seeing as how he paid for the item but the "seller" refunded the money. It would take sizeable cajones to then file a non-paying bidder claim.

I can't stand Ebay, but it's a mass market and pretty much a Mall. No other real alternative that can produce the same mind numbing but 75% of the time satisfying results- as both a seller and buyer.

How about in an auction that states "Ask all questions before bidding, no shipping internationally unless contacted prior to bidding".

Setting the "No International Shipments" option.

THen getting a best offer, accepting and being asked "How much is shipping to Canada".

Ebay Says I'm at fault because I accepted his best offer, when his Location is BUFFALO!

Quote Originally Posted by cfern023 View Post
    I can't stand Ebay, but it's a mass market and pretty much a Mall. No other real alternative that can produce the same mind numbing but 75% of the time satisfying results- as both a seller and buyer.

How about in an auction that states "Ask all questions before bidding, no shipping internationally unless contacted prior to bidding".

Setting the "No International Shipments" option.

THen getting a best offer, accepting and being asked "How much is shipping to Canada".

Ebay Says I'm at fault because I accepted his best offer, when his Location is BUFFALO!
    I've had this happen to me. Insist that you can only ship to the Buffalo address. As for the OP, I think that the buyer can't really control what happens, but you can refuse to agree to cancel the transaction. Since the buyer already paid, eBay removes "NPB" as an option, I believe.

The sad thing with eBay and Paypal is once you receive a refund that the seller sends (not one ebay or Paypal has to determine and send you) they feel everything is taken care of and there is nothing else done or even a mark on their account. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    The sad thing with eBay and Paypal is once you receive a refund that the seller sends (not one ebay or Paypal has to determine and send you) they feel everything is taken care of and there is nothing else done or even a mark on their account. Sorry to hear about your trouble.
    eBay has a new option under the "Report Item" thing under "Avoiding eBay Fees" that says something to the effect of seller using a reserve without paying reserve fees. I'm guessing that will have them investigated for such actions.