Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: brewers fansfest

Hey Matt,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear aobut your frustrations. at least now I can sleep easily tonight without thinking about the Mike Cameron helmet. I think I will make a house payment instead! That listing price is 10x what I have paid for the other 4 helmets I have...

tommy

Banned

I was set up at fan fest today and I had a blast. I was able to meet and talk several GUU members there. I went to the garage sale and there were some good buys when the doors opened up. Jersey's were $50.00 and $75.00 for signed ones. Batting helmets were $25.00 each, gu hats were $10.00 and bats were $25.00. I was able to buy 2 bats and 2 helmets for $100.00 can't go wrong for that price. I had a great day selling game used bats, and other Brewers collectables. I was also able to buy a nice GU Alcides Escobar bat from another dealler. The lines for the autographs were NUTS!! The only bad thing was the food lines... I can't wait until next year!

tknorm,
    They had a Cameron bp jersey for $50.00 it was gone before I got to the sale.

Josh,
    The dealers that were set up couldn't buy anything until the doors opened up to the public.

Banned

Sorry,
    That bottom message was for Matt not Josh.

Hey Jamie,

Glad it was a good day for you. Thanks for the info on the Cam BP jersey. I'll keep my ebay eyes open.

tommy

SkubeBats- email sent

Tommy: I wasn't all that frustrated with the team store, unfortunately its rather par for the course for the Brewers and their new approach to selling (or not selling) game used items. I think I would describe it as mild amusement.

Jamie - I get what you are saying, but you have to realize the perception of it. The people who had tables set up did not have to stand in a cattle line that took up to 60 minutes to get into the building once the place opened up. The dealers' ability to essentially cut in line and start buying right when the doors opened is what the complaint was. Its not exactly endearing to the average fan to see all the items they could afford being picked over by the time they were able to enter the event. They are then further disappointed when those people cherry picking items out are discovered to be dealers. So not only is the average fan significantly disadvantaged in being able to buy the items, they are provided to people who are in the business of selling the items back to the "real fans" for a profit.

The impression that was left was that fans are not as important as the vendors whose payment to be at the show in a professional capacity provided them the ability to cut to the front of the line and gave them access to the only items the average fan can afford. The alternative is to go over to the team store where they can look at the $1200 Mike Cameron helmet that they cannot afford. Thats tough for most fans to look at. Frankly, I agree with him.

Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Banned

Matt,
    To be honest the Brewers employee's get first chance at all the items in the garage sale area. Then the doors open and it's a free for all. I do see where you think that the dealers get first chance but the fans have the same chance. We can't buy anything early until the doors are open and the people are coming in thats when they start to sell their items. When they have items out, there isn't much of it and it goes fast. Sorry that you had a bad time, maybe it will be better for you next year.

Jamie:

I didn't say I had a bad time on Sunday, I didn't have high enough expectations or the luxury of enough time to spend there to come away having had a bad time. Honestly, I could not care less that I didn't go home with a Mike Cameron BP jersey or a Ray Durham bat. I was simply passing along the concerns that were expressed, which given what I observed, I would tend to agree with.

Hopefully you can see how people might not be left with the greatest feeling that "fans" were treated right if dealers were provided access to the items before 99.9% of the fans even made it through the door, or to some degree even allowed to purchase the only affordable items in the place to begin with. If what you are saying is true that Brewer employees were able to get there even before the general public was allowed to enter, that makes it even worse.

Matt
    email is matmuell at umich.edu

Banned

Matt,
    Yes, the Brewers employee's always get first chances at the items. It's the same at the Brewers store they get first chance at the items they put into the store. This is how it always has been and probably will be the same in the future. I would say that 95% of the people at Fan fest could care less about the game used equipment being sold there. Their more into getting autographs and pictures taken with their favorite player or players. I do see your point, but there still isn't enough equipment to make everyone happy.

Fanfest was a succes. I picked up a Lance Nix game used bat, a Gabe Gross bat used by Ben Sheets, got my first Seth McClung jersey (batting practice), and the highlight of the day a 2008 Ed Sedar BP hat. Autograph line were crazy for the stars, along with the food lines. Was able to get my three foot Suppan bobblehead signed and Hernan bat signed. Girlfriend got Hoffman's auto. Can't wait until next year.

Andrew