Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments! This is an awesome hobby and I enjoy every second of it.

Hey guys. My Miggy 281st HR helmet came in the mail today. 4-21-12 in the 8th against the Rangers. I had a bit of buyers remorse after getting off the phone with Marc, but I really like it and it is my first helmet of his I added to my collection... Im in a good place about it at the moment, but we will see how I feel next week.. haha

Ryan Greenlee
    Miguel Cabrera Collector
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by DUTCH613 View Post
    Hey guys. My Miggy 281st HR helmet came in the mail today. 4-21-12 in the 8th against the Rangers. I had a bit of buyers remorse after getting off the phone with Marc, but I really like it and it is my first helmet of his I added to my collection... Im in a good place about it at the moment, but we will see how I feel next week.. haha
    Nice helmet, Ryan. Was this the one for $1,500?

I'm glad that you got it, as you sound like a true fan.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Nice helmet, Ryan. Was this the one for $1,500?

I'm glad that you got it, as you sound like a true fan.

Thanks Les! Yes Im a huge fan, and yep thats the helmet. I missed out on the signed/away Miggy Lid a while back that the Tigers auctioned, so I was waiting patiently for another one to come up. Ive had to move a couple of things for the cash for it, but Im real happy I got it. Im going to look back now through the archives on the best way to display helmets since it's my first one. I appreciate the complement on it Les.

Ryan

This is my first full season really following the Tigers (lifelong Twins fan). How many more of these 2012 plates will surface for the regular season, and will they all have the same look? I was pretty surprised to see them offered so early in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dietdew View Post
    This is my first full season really following the Tigers (lifelong Twins fan). How many more of these 2012 plates will surface for the regular season, and will they all have the same look? I was pretty surprised to see them offered so early in the year.

Was this one authenticated for the opening day or homestand? You'll see them usually switch them out at mid season & again at the end of the season..So I would say at least 3 this style will be authenticated. Sometimes they do have extras that are not authenticated too. Then they will have new ones if they make the post season for each round..they also had spring training ones which are quite a bit smaller.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

I believe the description said opening day. I already had acquired the spring training plate. There are still both postseason and the 2011 regular season one sitting on Tigers Authentics, but they are priced a little too rich for my taste currently.

On a side note, I'm over the moon as I have completed a deal to bring THE Tigers jersey at the top of my list. A big thanks to the Tigers collector here who made it happen. Here are his pictures:

Quote Originally Posted by DUTCH613 View Post

Ryan Greenlee
    Miguel Cabrera Collector
    Is there some significance to home run number 281? I read Marc's original email and wondered about that. Do you know if it may have been used other games also and 281 was the last game, therefore the one that it was authenticated as?

It seems silly if the Tigers swap out his helmets every home run or every game. This monumental "non monument" route leaves me scratching my head. Older items would be marketed as helmet worn during home runs 250-285 or so.

Either way, that's a sweet helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    Is there some significance to home run number 281? I read Marc's original email and wondered about that. Do you know if it may have been used other games also and 281 was the last game, therefore the one that it was authenticated as?

It seems silly if the Tigers swap out his helmets every home run or every game. This monumental "non monument" route leaves me scratching my head. Older items would be marketed as helmet worn during home runs 250-285 or so.

Either way, that's a sweet helmet.
    Thanks, I think.. ... Im waiting on the exact info to be uploaded on the MLB AUTH notes. Im hoping a few were hit with that one for the price. He also told me to check back in with him and he will let me know when the next Miggy signing is so he can sign it for me. 281 is the for-sure home run he hit with it on. Thats why I wrote it. I was really bummed I missed out on the away Helmet auctioned a few months ago, and I admit I might have been a bit over anxious on the item for that price. It is the only piece of my GU Miggy stuff I had a bit of buyers remorse over, as you can probably tell by my posts. In my eyes, whats done is done and in the end I am happy about the addition even though Im not real happy with the price.... So, to answer your question- no, there is no real significance to "non-monumental" HR number 281 he hit with my helmet on.

Ryan

Miguel Cabrera Game Used bat, photomatched to April 28, 2012 where he hit his 284 career home run. Easy match, although I didnt do a good job holding it up, two distinct sections, same knob, but the easiest was the small piece of logo removed on the sam bat logo. Second Cabby Home Run bat.

-Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/