Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Bat

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    It was you who posted for opinions!!! We are just trying to give them to you. You can use them or not as you wish!! Great looking BP bats (My opinion) though!!
    JETEFAN, Sometimes the words of war can get pretty heated at times. However, I do appreciate all opinions!!

On another note, the Yankee fans need to lighten up on arod. Booing him the first game of the year...give me a break! Then cheers him right after because he hits a 2 run homer...give me a break!

I know Jeter's peers have voted him as the #1 overrated player. I wouldn't say #1, but he is overrated. Say jeter started his career in Seattle and put up the same numbers and played the same in the field. He would be considered an average shortstop. It's only because he's in New York he is what he is and praised as a god in New York.

I do however like Jeter as a player and he's definately a great leader on the field.

Tony

Tony has made a pretty convincing argument that proves that while not the norm, Arod does indeed use blonde LVS bats during games...There is nothing left to argue. I think he agrees that the norm is black, but has definitely shown us pics of him using blond LVS's. I appreciate the research....

Regards,
    Dave

Banned

I'm not taking sides, however, I find the statement interesting "You would know better than A-Rod". Are we to believe, from your post, that if A-Rod signs the bat, hat, glove, etc. as "Game used", that indeed, it must be game used?

As I have noted here before, in my opinion, A-Rod is a complete whore when it comes to selling his equipment. I saw this first hand when I lived in Seattle. He sold anything and everything he could possibly wear, including shoes, spikles, belts, undershirts, jackets, caps, un-worn hats, un-worn caps, un-worn helmets, Pepsi commercial jerseys, etc. The guy has sold so much equipment, he'd need a 6 inch thick 3-ring binder at each signing to try to remember what he wore and what was "issued and not worn". Did he use natural Louisville's for BP and then sign them as gamers? I have no doubt he would sign a purple Louisville as "game used" if he was in some way compensated.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Tony has made a pretty convincing argument that proves that while not the norm, Arod does indeed use blonde LVS bats during games...There is nothing left to argue. I think he agrees that the norm is black, but has definitely shown us pics of him using blond LVS's. I appreciate the research....

Regards,
    Dave
    Dave, thanks! Although we didn't have so much available to use 20 years ago, it was so much simpler then.

The end!

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    I'm not taking sides, however, I find the statement interesting "You would know better than A-Rod". Are we to believe, from your post, that if A-Rod signs the bat, hat, glove, etc. as "Game used", that indeed, it must be game used?

As I have noted here before, in my opinion, A-Rod is a complete whore when it comes to selling his equipment. I saw this first hand when I lived in Seattle. He sold anything and everything he could possibly wear, including shoes, spikles, belts, undershirts, jackets, caps, un-worn hats, un-worn caps, un-worn helmets, Pepsi commercial jerseys, etc. The guy has sold so much equipment, he'd need a 6 inch thick 3-ring binder at each signing to try to remember what he wore and what was "issued and not worn". Did he use natural Louisville's for BP and then sign them as gamers? I have no doubt he would sign a purple Louisville as "game used" if he was in some way compensated.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Another arod hater. Go figure

A simple review of the 55 pages of pictures of Alex Rodriguez on gettyimages.com reveals , YES IN FACT, Alex did use blond bats in games....

I saw more pics of black bats and even pics of him using blonde bats in BP but , here you have photographic proof.....

these three pictures are from 1996 ,98 and 2000..... computers are amazing when they work (just like your car).....

Name:  alex1.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  alex2.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  alex3.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  29.4 KB

All,

I'm done with this thread. Many valid points. With the way today's hobby is, these arguments and debates will go on forever! Not only about arod, but many others.

Many thanks for all comments and opinions.

My comments related to this thread is comple!

Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by hblakewolf View Post
    A-Rod is a complete whore when it comes to selling his equipment.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Oops...have to respond to this. Whore when it comes to selling his equipment? It's more like demand. If arod wasn't the calibre of player he is, it wouldn't be the way it is. Look at Pujols...everyone is slammy him for the same thing. However, collectors and fans want their stuff, so he's giving it to them. Nothing wrong with that!

An no, I'm not saying just because a players signs something "game used" that 100% it is. Definately not the way things are today.

Against, thanks for the comments. GO YANKEES!

Banned

[quote=3arod13;36783]Oops...have to respond to this. Whore when it comes to selling his equipment? It's more like demand. If arod wasn't the calibre of player he is, it wouldn't be the way it is. Look at Pujols...everyone is slammy him for the same thing. However, collectors and fans want their stuff, so he's giving it to them. Nothing wrong with that!

An no, I'm not saying just because a players signs something "game used" that 100% it is. Definately not the way things are today.

Against, thanks for the comments. GO YANKEES![/quote]

Before making posts about a subject you seem to know little about, please try to undrestand basic "Supply and Demand" concepts. Although there is demand for Arod items, the supply is great, as A-Rod has filled the pipeline with his worn and unworn items. As such, the demand continues to decleine

Your comment, "Look at Pujols...everyone is slammy him for the same thing" clearly shows your ignorance. Take a look at the current market prices for a game worn 2006 Arod jersey and a 2006 Pujols jersey. Arod's jersey is less than half of a Pujols. Same is true for their bats, hats and shoes.

My point-A-Rod orders extra equipment strictly for the purpose of resale. I lived inSeattle until 1995, and am well aware of the quantitiy of items A-Rod was moving during his days with the M's. Pujols offers a very limited quantitiy of game used items to fund his own charity.

Please, if you desire to make statements here, they should at least be supported by factual information, not emotional nonsense.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

[quote=hblakewolf;36784]
    Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Oops...have to respond to this. Whore when it comes to selling his equipment? It's more like demand. If arod wasn't the calibre of player he is, it wouldn't be the way it is. Look at Pujols...everyone is slammy him for the same thing. However, collectors and fans want their stuff, so he's giving it to them. Nothing wrong with that!

Against, thanks for the comments. GO YANKEES![/quote]

Before making posts about a subject you seem to know little about, please try to undrestand basic "Supply and Demand" concepts. Although there is demand for Arod items, the supply is great, as A-Rod has filled the pipeline with his worn and unworn items. As such, the demand continues to decleine

Your comment, "Look at Pujols...everyone is slammy him for the same thing" clearly shows your ignorance. Take a look at the current market prices for a game worn 2006 Arod jersey and a 2006 Pujols jersey. Arod's jersey is less than half of a Pujols. Same is true for their bats, hats and shoes.

My point-A-Rod orders extra equipment strictly for the purpose of resale. I lived inSeattle until 1995, and am well aware of the quantitiy of items A-Rod was moving during his days with the M's. Pujols offers a very limited quantitiy of game used items to fund his own charity.

Please, if you desire to make statements here, they should at least be supported by factual information, not emotional nonsense.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net
    Howard, your attack on me isn't worth addressing. Take care