Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tage question?

Re: tage question?

thank you for the info, anyone have any more info on scoreboard jerseys, I am unfamiliar with them

Re: tag question?

here is a thread on scoreboard jerseys:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=3924

long story short, they were non-game issued/non-game worn jerseys that were sold to the public simply as autographed jerseys by a company called scoreboard. the funny thing is that many were often done quite well - almost perfect specs, right down to the pro-style tagging. they bore a striking resemblance to legit gamers even if they were never sold as such. years later, they're popping up as gamers.

rudy.

Banned

Its funny you point that out KingJammy I do beleive also in the last auction GreyFlannel also sold a Darryl Strawberry Game Used 90 set 1 Jersey autographed. I dont know how to look into there past auctions but if someone else can find it I remember it being sold with a Gooden Jersey.

1988 Dwight Gooden Road & 1990 Darryl Strawberry Home Game-Used & Autographed Jerseys (2) (JSA)
    Lot # 474

On the inside right front tail of the grey knit pullover, Dwight Gooden jersey is the "Rawlings" manufacturer's tag with the jersey size "44" and wash instructions on it. Attached to that are two additional manufacturer's tags with "SET 1 1988" and a strip tag that reads "88 16 44" in blue stitch. Across the front of the jersey is "NEW YORK." On the back of the jersey is the player number "16." Across the back of the jersey is "GOODEN" sewn directly on the jersey. All lettering and numbering is done in blue on orange on white triple tackle twill. On the inside left front tail of the home Darryl Strawberry, pinstripe pullover is the "Rawlings" manufacturer's tag with the jersey size "44" and wash instructions on it. Attached to that are three additional manufacturer's tags with "SET 1 1990," "1 INCH EXTRA LENGTH," and a strip tag that reads "90 1 18" in blue stitch. Across the front of the jersey is "METS." Below on the left and on the back of the jersey is the player number "18." Across the back of the jersey is "STRAWBERRY" sewn directly on the jersey. All lettering and numbering is done in blue on orange tackle twill. The jersey is autographed on front in blue marker and rates an 8. Both jerseys show wear and there appear to be no alterations of any kind. Accompanied by a LOA from James Spence Authentication.
    Reserve Price: $250

Current Bid: $1,516

Current Time: May 11, 2006 08:01:26 PM

Banned

Eric thanks for the help. Actually its a 1988 tagged Jersey I thought it was a 1990, but thanks again Eric

no, you were right- the strawberry is a set 1 1990
    Eric

Banned

Whoops your right as I am right. I glanced at it and saw the Gooden Tag. Well then my point stands there are 3 possibly 4 1990 set 1 Strawberry Jerseys floating around out there as Gamers.

I am starting to notice a trend of the 1990 Season. Is it possible Scoreboard made quite a few different players Jerseys to the Correct specifications. If so I am starting to think to stay away from any 1990 Jersey cuz just the possibility of it being a Scoreboard Jersey scares me.

Here are noted Scoreboard Jersey Players. Also these particular players had Very ood Seasons in 1989 and 1990. Can anyone else think of any other player Scoreboard may have duplicated?

Bo Jackson
    Ken Griffey Jr.
    Darryl Strawberry - POSSIBLY

There's also seems to be a large amount of Gregg Jefferies 1990 jersey's out there too.

-David

Banned

Metsbats good job, Gregg Jeffries had a good 1990 season also I believe.
    Metsbats can you point out where you have seen some of the Gregg Jeffries 1990 Jerseys?

Banned

Rudy,

I do believe that some teams in this era did have redundant tagging from Rawlings on there jerseys.

Here is an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Game-Worn-Jersey-National-League-89-Rookie-of-The-Year_W0QQitemZ250023206016QQihZ015QQcategoryZ73421 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem