Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Paragon Auctions,friend Or Foe ?

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Got my items within two days of my check clearing. Very happy!!!!!!!!
    I guess thats good news! I still dont understand the check clearing part.Its not a personal check. I have never been through non return emails and non answered calls and a lie! When( when means how long IT TAKES to get my stuff) I get this over with, I will reconsider MY OPINION! I have built my collection of over 300 game used pieces from auction houses, so i have no reason to create a story!

Banned

Good luck to you. Seems someone is not interested in your business anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyla2000 View Post
    I guess thats good news! I still dont understand the check clearing part.Its not a personal check. I have never been through non return emails and non answered calls and a lie! When( when means how long IT TAKES to get my stuff) I get this over with, I will reconsider MY OPINION! I have built my collection of over 300 game used pieces from auction houses, so i have no reason to create a story!
    I took a JPMorgan "Chase" cashier's check only to find out it was a fake. With color printers and good photoshopping, my bank didn't even know until it was returned. I was out several thousand dollars because I shipped it overnight before it cleared.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

I took a JPMorgan "Chase" cashier's check only to find out it was a fake. With color printers and good photoshopping, my bank didn't even know until it was returned. I was out several thousand dollars because I shipped it overnight before it cleared.

I had a person that I had never dealt with before about four years ago also send me what I believe was a Bank of America cashier's check and it too was spot on from everything I could see. Thankfully in this case I am a very cautious person and will never ship anything of value before the check clears. In this case it was a Ted Williams game used bat an item of significant value. The buyer was a little agitated that I refused to ship until the check cleared based on our conversations up front. The check turned out to be bogus and the guy disappeared. Never did hear back from the authorities on whether they caught the man.

Word to the wise, always be cautious with any form of payment unless you really know the seller. Andrew is correct, with the technology today it is rather easy for someone of knowledge and means to counterfeit almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Good luck to you. Seems someone is not interested in your business anymore.

Whoever does not want my business will be out one day when I decide to sell my collection! With premiums both ways that would be around 100.000. That goes for a lot of collectors out there. We keep these business's in business.I understand the 10 day shtick better now.The rest of my comments are still valid pertaining to communication however!

Banned

I have an never will buy from an auction house who does not take credit cards. It just does not make sense in my opinion as a buyer to put yourself in a situtation where you are not protected against scammers. In this day and age especially as the economy gets worse the con artists come out of the woodwork.

No saying anything about Paragon directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    I have an never will buy from an auction house who does not take credit cards. It just does not make sense in my opinion as a buyer to put yourself in a situtation where you are not protected against scammers. In this day and age especially as the economy gets worse the con artists come out of the woodwork.

No saying anything about Paragon directly.
    Paragon Auctions has no buyers or sellers premium so I guess the only way they would take credit cards would be to charge a 3% premium.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

yes, 10 days late! do you think its payback? international money orders are like cash. I dont know what a cashiers check is. I am glad you got your stuff though! When I Fedexed the payment there was no one to accept it. Like I said, bad communication makes me uneasy!
    International Money Orders and not like cash at all.

I have heard horror stories about money orders from Canada being returned as many as thirty days after they have been deposited.

Banned

Paragon Auctions has no buyers or sellers premium so I guess the only way they would take credit cards would be to charge a 3% premium.
    3% may be cheap these days. All these miles and rewards cards have extra charges that get passed on to the merchant. I would guess 5% to be safe for any mail order merchant.

I personally am against not taking credit cards for any mail order company or auction house, but some of them are still a bit old fashioned.

I bought two lots from the last Paragon Auctions, paid by personal check and received my items in a very timely fashion. I also mailed my check a day or two after the auction ended.

I would see if you get your item(s) by the end of this week. I also am one that sent a personal check for my item and had to wait the 10 business days as well, so that would put it back on 4/5/11 of last week.

I emailed Keith and he said my item would ship out this week. It took a couple days for Keith to email me this past week, but he did this past Saturday.

I don't know how many people Keith has employed at his business, but as someone said, if it's a one/several man show, it's quite possible they got backed up with shipping and/or had a lot of winners pay by checks.

Dunno, but I would say give it till the end of this week and then call Keith directly.