Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Anyone want to try to guess what this is?

Knowing how the Mets run their farm system, I'm sure if they held on to him they would of said he was the next Manny Ramirez, but when he got his at-bats as a Met, he would of looked more like Victor Diaz. And to only think Victor was the next Manny...and so lucky that the Mets had him to be a bust. Anyway, here's the tags to the Tejada jersey and to me it doesn't look right, anyone else's opinions. (I know the link won't work, so if you are interested please check out the sight) http://www.historicauctions.com/sear...imageid/72195/

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    here's the tags to the Tejada jersey and to me it doesn't look right, anyone else's opinions. (I know the link won't work, so if you are interested please check out the sight) http://www.historicauctions.com/sear...imageid/72195/
    The tagging is ideal for a Rawlings year 2000 jersey. While it may have been possible for a player to wear a 2000 leftover jersey in 2001, I would tend to believe that a player with the stature of Miguel Tejada would have his own sets of jerseys manufactured for him that same year and not be wearing leftovers...they are usually worn by spring training invitees, call-ups, etc. I would also tend to think that a 2000 leftover, it probably would not have been worn in late September, when the flag patch was put on the jersey. I am also skeptical about how crisp the tagging appears, the "J" on back appears to be wrong font, and the "4" appears to be placed too high.

I personally would have too many questions about this one to feel comfortable.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

To me, the tags look too new to be used from 2001.