Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Memorabilia Insurance. NEED HELP

Try this company, which specializes in insuring collectibles. I can't vouch for them personally one way or the other, but it's worth a shot. Good luck.

http://www.collectinsure.com/

Banned

Jeff, I will be in AZ next month....Lets have dinner !! I am still representing Livan and many other ML players...

Guys, thanks for help with the insurance. I have tropical storm ERNESTO coming my way..

See you guys,
    Juan Iglesias

Juan - First of all, good luck with the storm. For insurance, see if you can include it as part of your business insurance policy as sports memorabilia may qualify as an off-shoot of your sports agency business.

Andrew

PS - Your Soriano bat is on its way to you!

Quote Originally Posted by GrndSlm View Post
    Jeff, I will be in AZ next month....Lets have dinner !! I am still representing Livan and many other ML players...

Guys, thanks for help with the insurance. I have tropical storm ERNESTO coming my way..

See you guys,
    Juan Iglesias
    call me 602-628-1418

Insurance for your collection?

I'd like to hear from other forum members about how your collections are insured. Does anybody carry any insurance specifically for your collectibles or do you just let your regular homeowners policy cover it? Thanks in advance.

Re: Insurance for your collection?

I use Collectibles Insurancy Agency in Maryland. They are not cheap but you dont need to list every item you own unless its over $5,000.Thank God I havnt had to file a claim so I cant say how good they are in settling a claim. Hope this helps.

This has been discussed on here before....someone recommended Chubb Insurance....I did a internet search, and got some for a "dealer/broker" that carries that.

I was impressed with pricing, not as expensive as I thought.....@$30 a month. Did not have to do an itemized list either.

Banned

$30. a month? I'd read the policy extremely carefully. If an item is lost/stolen, how are you paid and based on what criteria?

I ask because I'm aware of policies that pay you for a "worn jersey". According to one broker I spoke with, this is so broad that if your game worn Lebron James jersey was stolen, the insurance company could offer you a Foot Locker retail version worn by some kid and offered on Ebay as a replacement. Don't laugh-the policy is poorly written.

You need to make sure it's REPLACEMENT VALUE for a genuine GAME WORN JERSEY and there are no loop holes.

Good luck,
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

To all,

Chubb offers replacement value on their items. Also, the rate for collectibles with Chubb is aproximately .50 per $100 of coverage so a $50,000 collection will cost approx. $250 annually to insure. Chubb also offers the option to blanket the coverage as opposed to itemizing for those that move items in and out of their collection, and can't be bothered notifying the insurance company. I belive that when you ask for blanket coverage, the most that is paid on a single item is $5,000 so if you have items of more than $5,000 it's best to itemize them. You can add the coverage as a floater to your homeowners policy.

http://www.chubb.com/personal/collectors.jsp

Regards,

Dave

I use Collectors Insurance Agency for my personal collection and for my dealer inventory. They are very expensive, but they specialize in this area...which makes me feel more comfortable with them. I have heard that some homeowners policies DO NOT cover theft. Given the nature of this stuff and the fact that most people recognize it's value, I would make darn sure your policy covers theft.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!