Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Tom Brady Super Bowl jersey stolen??

He also said his 2014 Super Bowl jersey was stolen. Did they ever recover that one? Maybe the same person stole both of them

Well Brady said he put the jersey in his bag, so that seems to indicate the players, or at least he, were keeping the jersey. I find it amazing though that at this point, that the NFL doesn't have an authentication program in place-MLB style. If they do-they're pretty sloppy in collecting said items because the player can hand off some other jersey....Anyone know who's in charge of Patriots game used? Who on the Patriots is a contracted memorabilia signer/attendee at shows/ has sold his items recently to dealers? Remember the not that long ago situation when a Yankee teammate stole Jeter's glove? Takes a lot of b4llz to go into a bag in a locker with everyone there, at the biggest most watched event. Sounding less like media. Well, if found identified properly and vouchered for the case, it will have rock solid provenance never before seen. The signed police paperwork alone will sell in the thousands. $500,000 for the jersey may be an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    He also said his 2014 Super Bowl jersey was stolen. Did they ever recover that one? Maybe the same person stole both of them
    I didn't know that. Not the biggest thing going on in the world this is, but interesting.

The way Bob Kraft was talking when interviewed about the jersey this weekend makes me think they know who took it. Brady seemed to implicate someone in the media when first asked about it.

I too am curious about the 2014 jersey. I haven't heard any follow up since brady, almost casually, mentioned it. The way he said it certainly sounded like they never got it back. I would guess the same guy took both? I do think the thought that Brsdy took it is laughable, personally.

Kraft's comments:

“It’s very sad to me that someone would do something like this, and it’s like taking a great Chagall or Picasso or something. You can never display it. And somehow, I feel there’ll be some news that’ll clear this up in the not too distant future,” Kraft said via The Boston Herald. “I hope it’ll be cleared up soon. I think that a lot of people spend a lot of time looking into the matter and what happened, and I’d rather not say anything that would cause any problems in the work that’s been done. One way or another that jersey will be back.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2978139

Two questions: Would Brady's jersey be worth 500K if it didn't go missing? Were the players going to keep their Super Bowl jerseys?

It's not laughable if the jersey's were going to be collected at the end of the game for auction, or sale through a contracted dealer, that a player made decide to make that not happen. So when we answer the question as to whether the players were going to keep their jerseys or not, we can get past this.

I believe its value is tied to it being the most significant jersey Brady ever wore. Biggest, most dramatic comeback in Super Bowl history by the best QB ever (do we still have to say "arguably"?) = $$$$$.

From Brady
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    From Brady
    LOL. at least brady has a sense of humor about it.

Brady's 49 and 51 Super Bowl jerseys have both been recovered ourside of the United States. Same individual stole both jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by akrover View Post
    Brady's 49 and 51 Super Bowl jerseys have both been recovered ourside of the United States. Same individual stole both jerseys.
    Through the cooperation of the NFL and New England Patriots’ security teams, the FBI and other law enforcement authorities, the Super Bowl LI jersey worn last month by MVP Tom Brady has been recovered. Also retrieved during the ongoing investigation was the jersey Brady wore in the Patriots’ victory in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks in 2015. The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media. Due to the ongoing investigation, we would refer any additional questions to the FBI.

It appears they where found in Mexico.