Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

Anybody got a list of what NBA ALL Star stuff listed has sold for so far tgis year? Anything good bargins. Seems last year couple years the dunk, skills 3pt contest type stuff would go pretty cheap. Didn't Gasol jersey go real cheap and was photomatched to games during regular season played.

Well I've officially decided to neverbuy from NBA Auctions/MeiGray again.

I've spent thousands & thousands on their items, even bid ALOTof the all-star jerseys up to unbelievable #'s last month.
    I easily went over the $30,000 I had set aside for myself & still came away empty handed.
    I didn't bid on a single item this go around, I figured instead of driving up the prices like I did last time, I'd let them go for far less then what I would of been willing to pay for.

I was tempted to go for the DeJuan Blair & Kevin Love jerseys especially, but once I saw exquisite/jtnbafan I decided not to.
    No point in driving up the prices & helping out MeiGray/NBA Auctions.
    Last thing I will ever do again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny25 View Post
    Well I've officially decided to neverbuy from NBA Auctions/MeiGray again.

I've spent thousands & thousands on their items, even bid ALOTof the all-star jerseys up to unbelievable #'s last month.
    I easily went over the $30,000 I had set aside for myself & still came away empty handed.
    I didn't bid on a single item this go around, I figured instead of driving up the prices like I did last time, I'd let them go for far less then what I would of been willing to pay for.

I was tempted to go for the DeJuan Blair & Kevin Love jerseys especially, but once I saw exquisite/jtnbafan I decided not to.
    No point in driving up the prices & helping out MeiGray/NBA Auctions.
    Last thing I will ever do again.
    Last year didn't exquisite not go after the skills and slam dunk jerseys? Some of those went for reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Last year didn't exquisite not go after the skills and slam dunk jerseys? Some of those went for reasonable prices.
    The guy spent $460 on a pair of socks worn in one of the worst all-star events of all-time.
    So odds are he is going to go after everything in the other events as well, even one of the worst dunk contest in NBA history.

More power to him.

Banned

I'm telling you all....STOP BIDDING!!! DO NOT allow him to control the market.

If everyone boycotts the NBA Auction or Meigray Auction until some rule changes are set in place, Meigray and the NBA will start to lose profit. Then, maybe that will force them to change some rules to make this hobby interesting again.

Just imagine the remaining all-star items just closing at $100 ... the Finals jerseys just closing at the starting bid price?. A Kobe, Lebron , Howard, or Garnett Finals jersey closing at the starting bid price?

Going to a bidding war with jtnbafan is NOT going to hurt his wallet. It will only make Meigray and the NBA happier The happier and richer they get, the more they care less about the other hobbyists or fans.

Aren't you convinced yet that jtnbafan/exquisite613 is rich and does not care about the price???!!!

If you want to put a stop to this madness, control your itch, and stop bidding!

Banned

Like I said, that is because he is controlling the market. He will let you guys win some to drive-up the interest again. Then, once everyone is excited and salivating over the possibility that jtnbafan might be absent again, he re-appears and cleans the house again.

I can't believe he took even the t-shirts this year. What does that tell you?! He is in power-trip mode.

Banned

Anybody got a list of what NBA ALL Star stuff listed has sold for so far tgis year? Anything good bargins. Seems last year couple years the dunk, skills 3pt contest type stuff would go pretty cheap. Didn't Gasol jersey go real cheap and was photomatched to games during regular season played.
    Are you in the marketing department of Meigray or NBA Auction?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuljo View Post

If everyone boycotts the NBA Auction or Meigray Auction until some rule changes are set in place, Meigray and the NBA will start to lose profit. Then, maybe that will force them to change some rules to make this hobby interesting again.

Just imagine the remaining all-star items just closing at $100 ... the Finals jerseys just closing at the starting bid price?. A Kobe, Lebron , Howard, or Garnett Finals jersey closing at the starting bid price?

Going to a bidding war with jtnbafan is NOT going to hurt his wallet. It will only make Meigray and the NBA happier The happier and richer they get, the more they care less about the other hobbyists or fans.

Aren't you convinced yet that jtnbafan/exquisite613 is rich and does not care about the price???!!!

i agree with you. i am all for free market, etc. but it is not a good thing if one person is winning every item of consequence i think for the good of the hobby all bidders should be limitied to one id and x number of wins per auction. otherwise people are just going to get frustrated and stop collecting because how can you collect if you cannot obtain items. yes meigray has some on their site and that is great but there is only a hand full of allstar players on there and once you get your fill of them, then what? what are your other sources? unlike other sports teams do not sell directly to the public. maybe every once in awhile a photomatchable jersey emerges on the market but that does not steadily happen and the good stuff goes into his collection and stays there. which is also part of the harm what he is doing causes. i also collect nfl gamers and alot of the jerseys i have bought have been from people who purchased them off the league auction site at somepoint so there is a stream available of them even after the league site auctioned them.
    i had thought maybe if people aggressively bid he would run out of money or get tired of bidding so much and let a big item or two go every now and then but when he is paying what he paid for durant socks noway that will happen. i had 13 grand to invest in nba jerseys tried to in the allstar auction finishied runnerup a bunch of times despite bidding the whole wad on most of the items i bid on. i was going to save up and come back with more next time but then i saw some nfl stuff i wanted and decided why pass it up to bid even more money and win nothing. so until it changes i will be content buying nfl stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kuljo View Post

are you exquisite pr man. I'm sure he would love it if no one bid and he got great NBA gamers for next to nothing. Better off bidding them up and tapping him out at some point. Also no one in their right mind thinks he is doing this to control the market. If he started selling them off he would lose a ton of money. If you think people flip jerseys bought on any of the NBA.com/NFL.com/NHL.com/MLB.com sites your crazy. 95% of the time when someone resells off those they take loses, sometimes huge. Exquisite has posted on here before and is just a collector. His collection has to be the best NBA gamer collection on the planet.

Banned

are you exquisite pr man. I'm sure he would love it if no one bid and he got great NBA gamers for next to nothing. Better off bidding them up and tapping him out at some point. Also no one in their right mind thinks he is doing this to control the market. If he started selling them off he would lose a ton of money. If you think people flip jerseys bought on any of the NBA.com/NFL.com/NHL.com/MLB.com sites your crazy. 95% of the time when someone resells off those they take loses, sometimes huge. Exquisite has posted on here before and is just a collector. His collection has to be the best NBA gamer collection on the planet.
    You see ... you are still trying to convince hobbyist to continue to drive-up the price. You really are working for Meigray or NBA Auction.

Exquisite613/jtnbafan has been doing this for years and so far, there is NO sign of tapping-out. He is even becoming meaner by taking even the t-shirts.

Well, its up to the collectors/bidders, which approach they want to take. A lot of them have already tried the approach of over-bidding in hopes of tapping him out, but that has not worked and he has become even meaner this year. So, why not try the approach of boycotting NBA Auction.

Jtnbafan/exquisete613 has also used the name of jtaubenfeld last year.

http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncom...unbr=103094655

I guess everybody will be happy if the NBA Auction can put a limit of 4 items per person per auction date. I dont think putting a limit will make them bankrupt or lose money, since once JT has had his fill, the rest of the collectors will be in a bidding war for the rest of the items. Everybody wins!