Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 158 of 190 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1899

Re: Show Me Your Chicago Bears Stuff.......

I am not usually the one to pick sides, but in this comparison it truly is apples to oranges. Lets just think simple football....

Devin Hester's returns are ALL special teams...ball is kicked to him and the one goal for a kicking team is to stop him from scoring...point blank.

Sanders - Like Ron stated more than 1/2 are from the defensive side of the ball. When you intercept on defense the offense is not "prepared" to become the defense and stop you. Heck sometimes it is you intercept the ball with no one between you and the goal...easy pick 6.

I realize this is stating the simple stupid, but in my opinion it shows why Hester is a better "returner" than Sanders.

Ron - Once again great pick up...truly one of the most awesome present BEARS game used jerseys on the market. Hope to land a Hester myself one day.

I understand a little more Ron, agree with most what you say and to the Sanders/Hester comparison. I don't disagree Hester is a better return man but let's think of this logically. I'll use UFC fighters Jon Jones just got done fighting one round and then fights a fresh man, then two rounds another fresh man, do you see where this is going who has the upper hand. Playing CB in the NFL is a physically demanding job Deion could of covered a guy for 3 fly routes then go back and take a return. Hester has some Gatorade, walks the sidelines, and then a return you have to factor in all that as well. Think of the years where Devin wasn't much of a return man, when he was a receiver and exerted energy in between returns but not even every down. My biggest reason on thinking Hester didn't make it as a receiver because of his mental capacity for the playbook all the Bears fans and I know the lack of education and "smarts" isn't Devin's strong suit. Ron, thanks for the email and I will let you know about that. If you can find any of the jerseys we have talked about I would be very interested. Does any Bears fans have contacts with Kahlil Bell??

Quote Originally Posted by Palehose for Life View Post
    I don't personally agree with the Hester/Sanders comparison or think its fair to either player. Sanders was a great all around player while Hester has excelled to be the best ever in special teams returns.

The HOF selection committee has also done a terrible job with less glamorous positions getting into the HOF. Every position has had players of greatness & who have transcended the game just because you are a punter, kicker, tight end, defensive back or a punt/kick returner shouldn't diminish your ability to receive enshrinement into the Hall.

Is the problem with the caliber of the player and his position or with the selection process & media who judge off of 2 minute sports highlights & don't get the opportunity to see players play entire games cause of the city they live in.
    I agree, the comparison isn't apples to apples, too many differences with what they've been asked to do as player.

As for the HOF, the selection process doesn't work by media judging from 2 minute highlights, much more involved than that. I think more special teams players deserve consideration, but it doesn't work out that way.

There are currently 280 members of the HOF, which includes coaches and contributors, not a whole lot when you think about how many players have played and for how long the game has been around. Not many feel that special teasers changed the game of football, but perhaps a player like Hester will change their minds. Many think that Ray Guy is deserving, but when taking a loot at his stats, he wasn't even the best punter of his time.

AMI has Walter Payton's game worn helmet used his entire career and it comes with a Walter Payton Foundation Letter of authenticity...

They already have a bid at $10,000 any guesses what this bad boy will bring?

I also have to wonder how WPF picked the auction house? I bet it would be better off with Ken who would at least pimp the heck out of it and get them top dollar!

I'm going to say $30k... With the proper publicity, I would say $40k...

I had no idea Payton used one helmet his entire career.

Thought I'd ask you guys, the bear experts...does that helmet look like the real deal? If so that's a def Holy Grail. How did the seller choose that auction house?

Opinions? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleraddict View Post
    I had no idea Payton used one helmet his entire career.

Thought I'd ask you guys, the bear experts...does that helmet look like the real deal? If so that's a def Holy Grail. How did the seller choose that auction house?

Opinions? Thx
    Sure as heck it's beat to hell with use...

Final hammer is $67,280.00

Congrats to it's new owner!

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post

I'm pretty certain that's a new record for a game used helmet....Congrats to AMI, and the winning bidder. And the Walter Payton Foundation gets a nice check as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post

Wow!
    That belongs on public display in the HOF!
    That might be the greatest game-used piece I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by alexbartacustoms View Post
    Wow!
    That belongs on public display in the HOF!
    That might be the greatest game-used piece I've ever seen.
    Deep down, I hope the Bears organization bought it and will display it proudly in Halas Hall with other notable Bears memorabilia like the fedora they have on display:
    Attached Images Attached Images