Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ever seen a mlb hologram on a bat during the game?

Hologramming a bat that was part of a milestone, but the player still wants to use, is an interesting but risky idea. (The hologram may be damaged or obscured by later use.)

I have seen items that had one hologram, but two citations: Eg when a fan bought a milestone bat or ball, then later had it autographed with an authenticator present, the hologram would be given a second citation in the database (adding the autograph) rather than a new hologram. That could potentially occur with a bat that's already hologrammed, if it is then used in another milestone.

Justin Smoak was a South Carolina Gamecock, playing on a field that was less than a half-mile from the minor-league field used by Ron Washington when he was a minor-league manager in Columbia. The two fields can be seen from each other, and I can see them both from my high-rise condo. Since my daughter and her family live in Arlington, I've several reasons to pull for the Rangers.

When Justin was a Gamecock, his choice of a batters' tune to play on the loudspeaker when he came to bat was "Just a good ol' boy."

Smoak also went to HS with the Orioles' Matt Wieters........That should have been a decent club!

I noticed what I thought was a mlb holo on Longorias bat so I paused the game and took some pictures of it. This was from a game against the Yankees earlier in the season.

Hey Fnazxc0114 I was wondering if you could help me?

The only time I've seen a MLB hologram on an item in a stadium was during 2008 during the final week of the season at Shea. MLB placed their hologram on all 55,000K seats prior to the end of the season.

Actually putting a hologram on a bat before a player uses it may be a way MLB can 100% ensure they are getting the correct bat from a player after that game. I can see this making the authentication process more foolproof.

Just a thought.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Re: Mlb Authenticated Items Used After Being Authenticated

http://network.yardbarker.com/mlb/ar...ngels/10777211

"They put a sticker on the end of my bat, kind of saying that this one’s done. But I’m still using it. Until it breaks.”

Not a closeup photo but looks like a MLB hologram bat he is swinging at last night's game. This is the same bat he used to hit 4 HR in a game.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/144253073
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Saw in the Dallas paper today that Josh Hamilton's 4 home run bat was authenticated after the game and that he said he intends to continue to use it until it breaks. Don't know what the future intent is if that happens.

It's going to the HOF. The Rangers announcers said Hamilton gave the HOF his Uniform and Cleats but told them they couldn't have the bat until after he cracked it
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

It is cracked happened tonight ! Its going to the HOF I bet he wish he could keep it .

Armando V

mvillafuerte0721@gmail.com

collects anything Rangers

http://rays.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c...02427&c_id=mlb

authenticated in the second inning....

at 0:36 mark on the video, appears to have the hologram on the bat knob in the 8th inning of the same game.

http://rays.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c...02427&c_id=mlb
    Attached Images Attached Images