Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 218 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

Awesome stuff, guys. Roger, that Romo is amazing. Have you found game photos of it yet? Talk about an easy jersey to match!
    This is my favorite thread on this forum, hands down. They should make it a "sticky".

Here's the 2000 home Warrick Dunn that I just got from AMI. It's dirty with some minor hits and some big rubs on the side panels.

Banned

You guys have some terrific items. Just got this guy. It is heavy wool and the Jets logo is sewn onto the back. No tags remain except a small size tag in the collar. The pockets are trimmed in leather and there isn't too much wear to the sleeve ends.

Here's an idea - We should all throw five bucks into a pot and then vote for the best item in this thread. The winner gets all of the money.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Or we could just skip all the hassle and send Roger a check.

1980s Phillip Epps rare DURENE warm-weather home jersey with built in hand warmers.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

i meant "cold-weather" not warm weather... sorry.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

I'm with 34swtns. This is my favorite post on this Forum. Roger, Tom and Pat's stuff has got this Broncos fan speechless. And the Romanowski, oh man! I posted my solo NFL entry a couple months back. 1992 Atwater. Here it is again. Now where's my Gastineau Jets jersey?!?

I think one thing has been proven here, jerseys that are really worn on the field of play have significant wear. Most players do not change jerseys every game. My quarterback jerseys have the least amount of wear, which is understandable. I really like to see the old jerseys.

34swtns,
    Dunn was my sons favorite player, and one of mine also. I have one of his 2000 jerseys also. A local guy was a assistant to the equipment manager at Florida State. He has Dunn's helmet he wore his last year. I have been trying to get it for a while, its a piece I really want.

Beavis,
    I have several jerseys that people wonder why I want them. A 2005 Willie Ponder, Giant jersey. He went to SEMO ( Southeast Missouri Sate University) which is in the town where I live. I bought it from the Giants, it has nice multiple game wear and was easy to photo match. Having players that you like is all that counts.

Here are a couple of jerseys I really like in my collection. I got them both from the Selcer family. Dick Selcer was the linebacker coach at the Bengals from '84 to '92 and with the Rams from '93 till '95. The Munoz is well worn. It has the crotch piece lengthened, not sure what that means. The Bettis is from his rookie year, 1993, and unrepaired.

Roger

I like this thread also, but it seems my NFL collection has been sold. This is a early 80s Nolan Cromwell. It has some great repair marks , but I don't have close ups. Some on the repairs are in white thread, and colored with blue marker. From the style of these repair marks (circular fashion), I pinpointed the work to a longtime LA Rams eguipment guy (I forget his name). There is a lot of info on this guy on one of those NFL FILMS productions. Some repair marks are hard to fake, simply, because they're done by professionals! I hope these equipment managers don't go bad one day, and start "authenticating" for some auction house.

Banned

This is probably one of the best threads on the forum. All of the items that have been shown by the members are awesome but the vintage items are far and away the best.

I have attached some scans of my Steve Smith Eagles jersey. He played for the Eagles from 1971-74. This IS my favorite jersey and to the best of my knowledge, the only original Eagles jersey in the hobby from this era. The jersey has at least 25 team repairs along with either dried glue or stickum on the numbers.

Jim

I just got a great jersey in today. 1994 Barry Sanders, road, with team paperwork and video match. It came directly from the man that originally bought it from the Lions and I have proof of that. I was used for sure in 2 games, 9/11/94 vs Vikings & 10/30/94 vs the Giants. It has repairs to both shoulders, sleeves, & chest. It has several odd modifications. The Wilson date is DY, 91/November.

The focus of my collection is Heisman winners and HOF players, current and speculating on the future. This jersey is the best of both worlds.

I have several '95 cards that you can tell this is the jersey. One is the Topps 1000 Yd Club, you can see the two white spots on the back numbers.

I also got a 97 Ty Detmer in today, Heisman winner, just not as exciting as the Sanders.

Roger