Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    WStiles

Yankees catcher's gear 911

I'm retiring shortly and moving a lot of my collection. Available - serious inquiries and offers only please. Yankees Chris Widger catcher's gear - shin guards, chest protector, and helmet. Helmet has the American flag decals put on after 911. One of a kind helmet as Posada wears a mask and not a helmet. Helmet, chest protector, and one shin guard all signed by Widger. Widger had two sets of gear. The flags were only put on one set. This one. Scans available @ cshort41@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    Wayne

Banned

Re: Yankees catcher's gear 911

Wayne,

Could you post price per forum rules. I am very interested in the set. Please e-mail pics to eGameUsed@comcast.net.

Thanks,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WStiles View Post
    Posada wears a mask and not a helmet.
    Wayne
    Hello Wayne I was just curious about this statement you said Posada wears a mask and not a helmet????

Posada always wears a mask and a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Hello Wayne I was just curious about this statement you said Posada wears a mask and not a helmet????

Posada always wears a mask and a helmet.
    I think he means the hockey goalie stlye helmet vs. the mask and helmet combo Posada uses.

WStiles

My apologies on the helmet confusion. I did in fact mean the Widger mask is the hockey style mask and not the helmet and mask combo. For the just curious Getty images has a couple of shots showing the mask being worn in the 2002 season. Pictures are #'s 51683707 & 51683708 or Chris Widger Yankees in the search box should bring them up. One member pointed out a rule on pricing. I paid another member of the forum $4000 for the set a couple of years back which I'm not really looking to get back. I put this on spur of the moment and I really haven't made up my mind what I will take for the set. The $4000 is for the rules. I'd be interested in hearing offers. Those emailing me can get more detailed pics upon request.

Wayne

Not trying to be sarcastic .

But , wow $4K ! that is some serious pesos there , I am glad I don't collect Yankees stuff . Devil Rays collector myself (the annual bottom feeders of the East) .

I hope you can get your money back or close to it.

Good luck
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

WStiles

Thanks - I have a deal pending on the 911 Yankees gear.
    Wayne