Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Gernay, Oldridge, Horne Plead Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    You posted this not long ago. So I should stop posting cause you're staying out of this?? Sound a bit hypocritical to me.

"Like I said, I am staying out of all of this, I just looked up the information to see if there was ties. I have owned one JO item I bought through a GUU auction, and don't collect football so I don't care to get involved with this. I definitely think the rest of the information should come out before the baby is thrown out with the bath water. There will be plenty of time to bash (or support) JO when all of the information is out there. I realize there is a lot of info already out, but the details aren't and I am waiting patiently to hear those."
    I posted that in a previous thread and you clearly tried to look through my previous posts to try and find something to throw in my face. It was a feeble attempt and really doesn't make much sense.

Your post are not constructive and are preventing this thread from staying on topic. Every post you have made has been an attack post and I think the forum is a better place without your comments.

I am in no way in favor of JO and will never buy from them again. I agree with most and disagree with a few, mostly the way 34swtns handled his posts. I can disagree without trying to attack them.

Feel free to search through my previous 600+ posts to try and find something negative to bait me with, but I accept that this forum is a privilege and not a right. Therefore I will not be responding to anything else you post because there is no way it will be constructive to the overall thread.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by schubert1970 View Post
    So why do we all need this detailed info about your JO items? If you're happy with them great. It's like you want to prove to the world aside from the JO issues your stuff is good. Who cares? I'm sure there are people who own JO stuff and don't feel the need to explain their collection to everyone on the forum because their confident in what they own unlike others on this thread.
    You've done nothing but make inflamatory comments in this thread not only toward members but toward Chris Cavalier. What exactly are you trying to prove from your high horse?

You commented on a post that wasn't even directed at you, then make dumb comments and expect no response? I didn't purchase my jerseys from JO when they were a "bad company" and I'd keep going but I'd hate to give anyone reading the feeling that I'm defending my collection or giving detailed info about my items.

Why don't you lay off and find a better cause to direct your efforts?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    I posted that in a previous thread and you clearly tried to look through my previous posts to try and find something to throw in my face. It was a feeble attempt and really doesn't make much sense.

Your post are not constructive and are preventing this thread from staying on topic. Every post you have made has been an attack post and I think the forum is a better place without your comments.

I am in no way in favor of JO and will never buy from them again. I agree with most and disagree with a few, mostly the way 34swtns handled his posts. I can disagree without trying to attack them.

Feel free to search through my previous 600+ posts to try and find something negative to bait me with, but I accept that this forum is a privilege and not a right. Therefore I will not be responding to anything else you post because there is no way it will be constructive to the overall thread.
    The post I quoted is basically the same subject. Since you didn't want to be involved I suggest you stop posting on this subject as you've stated in earlier posts. What gives you the right to tell people to stop posting? You're just bitter because you said one thing and did another on this topic and I called you on it.

Happy Thanksgiving Russ!

Quote Originally Posted by lakeerie92 View Post
    You should stop posting because all your posts only try to incite reactions and do not help the discussion in any way. I think this thread would be much more constructive without you.
    I see the angle schubert1970 has. If you feel you have a photomatch, great for them. Anyone can claim they have a definitive photomatch. It can be very subjective. Otismalibu made some excellent points on what becomes a big blur. You can find a photomatch on Urlacher and Cutler, good luck on Lance Louis. That's the main issue on the common player. The other issue even on the stars is getting Hi Res photos. I am not fond of Low Res as they really become blurred as you enlarge.

For the doubters, I truly believe I could take a jersey and fake the use on it. Of course it wouldn't be exact because it is a fake. What happens is your eyes can play tricks on you sometimes you see what you want to see. I have a background in reconstructing scenes using modeling. We use CAD and machines that can duplicate in 3D and I would do something similar to take a photo and scale the exact size and then color separate using an altering system. I would cut out screens as if I were painting areas and put the jersey over shoulder pads on a real person and work hit marks and grass stains, chalk, and even synthetic field colors in small areas. Again, it wouldn't be exact but I could get it close. The most difficult part is for receivers and running backs when they get the pebbled ball marks when you are tackled on top of the football. I could replicate that look by cutting out sections of a football in the size and shape of the impact mark and apply the marks with force.

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    I dont understand how someone can say its easy to duplicate the exact location of hit marks, grass stains, paint from the turf, helmet color transfers, rips, et c.

completely agree with this post
    I understand, go grab a white shirt and a hunk of grass and dirt. Its not hard at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    I understand, go grab a white shirt and a hunk of grass and dirt. Its not hard at all.
    BS

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymbz View Post
    BS
    So you have tried? Or is this based on nothing? In case you missed this topic you are posting in but the head of JO plead guilty to doing this. So apparently its not as off base as you seem to think.

I think the difference is the card companies were not trying to photomatch these jerseys like individual collectors do. They just want them to cut up into little pieces. It sounds like they were buying them based on the assumption that they were game worn. It's probably easy to manufacture some fake game wear on some jerseys especially if there is no quality control on their end and you mix them in with some real ones.

To put exactly matching hit marks, rips, team repairs, etc. on a blank football jersey, while not saying it's impossible, would take such painstaking attention to detail that it would not even be worth it IMO especially if you are trying to do this to multiple jerseys. Can you imagine trying to do this to a Darren McFadden or Adrian Peterson jersey? Have you seen how trashed their jerseys are after games. That's about as close to impossible as it would get.

It would be interesting to see someone try to do this. Is there a tv show out there that takes on these kind of challenges?

So you have tried? Or is this based on nothing? In case you missed this topic you are posting in but the head of JO plead guilty to doing this. So apparently its not as off base as you seem to think.

Banned

you THINK you can pull it off..but compared to high res photo NO friggn way... you can put your little grass and dirt stains here and there...but NO way you gonna match up mesh holes locations..which IMo are the fingerprint of each shirt. no way u can match those up. and it is WAY off base... collectors/buyers may not be as naive as you

wow, im going to have to let this one go