Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: June Pick Ups

Re: June Pick Ups

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Nick Markakis Game Used Bat photo matched to Jackie Robinson Day absolutely hammered with game use.
    That ball mark on the back side of where the trademark is gives you a nice match and a lot more ball marks added after that. That gives the visualization of "in on the hands" of a batter!

Great pickup!!!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    That ball mark on the back side of where the trademark is gives you a nice match and a lot more ball marks added after that. That gives the visualization of "in on the hands" of a batter!

Great pickup!!!
    I'm confused ... I don't see the match. They look like different bats. Can we see better pics showing the match?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    I'm confused ... I don't see the match. They look like different bats. Can we see better pics showing the match?
    There is no definitive match given the 1 picture. Needs some more work. That back of the trademark blue ball mark gives you a good start.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post

Let me see what I can do about that. There is a definite match when you see the bat in person and in addition to one or two other pics from Getty from that game. I will see if I can bust out he camera and get you good photos.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.miracle View Post
    Let me see what I can do about that. There is a definite match when you see the bat in person and in addition to one or two other pics from Getty from that game. I will see if I can bust out he camera and get you good photos.
    I look forward to seeing them.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Recent auction pickup showed up on the doorstep yesterday. An awesome Sandberg gamer from '86-89.

2002 Keith Adams Berlin Thunder Jersey
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Banned

I won the Pete Rose 1978 Tour of Japan Uniform. I came close to not bidding on this because I wasn’t sure about the jersey tag.

The COA comes from Sports Investments Inc. These are the same people I bought the Rose gambling check from. The really are authorities when it comes to anything Reds. I gave them a call and they gave me some great background information about the jersey and they also let me know they didn't consign this uniform to Lelands. If you ever need to know anything about Reds memorabilia call these guys. I spoke with Adam Wolter and he's a wealth of information. Their father bought the ball and bat from Rose that broke Cobb's record and various other unique items.

Also, I was searching the forum because I wanted to learn more about the tagging issues with the Reds jerseys. Below was a extremely helpful post from Rudy a few years ago. THANK YOU RUDY!!!!! After reading the post below I finally made up my mind to bid on this lot.

Although it's not a MLB game used, it's has to be one of the most unique Rose jersey's.

I've also attached a few more pics from some 1978 programs I purchased about the tour. Who knows, might even be able to photo match this thing.

Can anyone post a famous pic of Oh and some of the Reds players from one of the exhibition games?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cincinnati Reds Uniforms from the 1980s

December 11 2007 at 2:37 PMDave Grob

In response to an e-mail question about Cincinnati Reds uniforms from the 1980s, I offered this response.

"The Reds continued wearing Wilson road uniforms, something that began in 1968, throughout the decade of the 1980s. The only exception to this are the road uniforms worn in 1978 during the Tour of Japan. These were made by Rawlings as Rawlings was a sponsor of the tour. These road Tour of Japan uniforms feature a “R” on the exterior of the pants as well.

The home uniforms during the 1980s were manufactured by Rawlings, with the exception of 1985 and 1986. The 1985 and 1986 home uniforms were supplied by Goodman and Sons, and unlike their Wilson and Rawlings counterparts, are without any year or set identification. The Reds began wearing Rawlings uniforms in 1968, switching away from long time supplier MacGregor."

Dave Grob
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

rudy.

Here's my June Pickup. I got this one in early June and am just getting around to posting this up. Per BMH this is a pro quality game model (not pro model) Albert Pujols bat. This bat was NOT issued to Pujols, but was ordered by a LVS rep and given to a Sam Suplizio most likely as a gift. It is 34 inches in length and is fresh! As close as you can get to an actually issued bat of Pujols!
    Name:  Pujols Bat 001.1.JPG
Views: 508
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  Pujols Bat 002.1.JPG
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  Pujols Bat 006.1.JPG
Views: 510
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  Pujols Bat 007.1.JPG
Views: 502
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  Pujols Bat 008.1.JPG
Size:  81.0 KB

Name:  Pujols Bat 009.1.JPG
Views: 498
Size:  68.8 KB

Name:  Pujols Bat 010.1.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  Pujols Bat 011.1.JPG
Views: 497
Size:  63.2 KB

I have had my eye on this jersey for a while now and finally have it in my collection. Want to thank Rob Steinmetz of authenticgamers.com for working with me, class act!

Barry Larkin 1995 Road Jersey from his MVP season.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.