Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 218 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Re: Show Me your NFL stuff

J-e-t-s
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

Gridman, are you kidding me? Wow - what a collection.

Here is a mid-50's Eagles durene jersey. MEARS estimates the jersey is from 1955 or there about. A hammered durene jersey with team repairs and glue on the numbers. No tags remain because the jersey is cut with just the few buttoms remain from where the crotch-piece used to be.

An interesting aspect of this jersey is, if you look closely at the photo of Bednarick knocking out Gifford, there is a number 73 jersey also shown in the same photo. The Eagles re-cycled their jersey but I think the odds that my jersey is the same jersey in the photo are slim to none but all the same, it is a awesome jersey.

Gridman - Wow.

1970s Jerry Smith full uniform. I bought this from the guy who washed the Redskins uniforms for 23 years along with a Boyd Dowler's final game jersey.

Gridman,
    The Snell jersey is as good as it gets. The Namath look great also. Any more pictures of those, tagging ect, would be appreciated. I have been looking for a good Riggins for years. You have a great Jets collection.
    jdr,
    A fantastic Redskin uniform. How rare is that to have the pants also.
    cohibasmoker,
    I really like that jersey also.

Attached is L. C. Greenwoods Pro Bowl jersey. It was used 1-29-79. I obtained this directly from Greenwood and have his letter stating that he sold it to me. I figured I would never have a opportunity to buy one of his Steeler gamer so this was the next best thing considering it came to me direct. It has good use on it for a Pro Bowl jersey.

I am really impressed at the quality of the older jerseys that members have. Several of these are as significate as any in the hobby.

It might be interesting to give a cutoff date and have the members list for their top 5 or 10 from each decade shown here.

Roger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RKGIBSON View Post
    Gridman,
    The Snell jersey is as good as it gets. The Namath look great also. Any more pictures of those, tagging ect, would be appreciated. I have been looking for a good Riggins for years. You have a great Jets collection.
    jdr,
    A fantastic Redskin uniform. How rare is that to have the pants also.
    cohibasmoker,
    I really like that jersey also.

Attached is L. C. Greenwoods Pro Bowl jersey. It was used 1-29-79. I obtained this directly from Greenwood and have his letter stating that he sold it to me. I figured I would never have a opportunity to buy one of his Steeler gamer so this was the next best thing considering it came to me direct. It has good use on it for a Pro Bowl jersey.

I am really impressed at the quality of the older jerseys that members have. Several of these are as significate as any in the hobby.

It might be interesting to give a cutoff date and have the members list for their top 5 or 10 from each decade shown here.

Roger
    Thanx for the Kudos but the Jets and Redskins items have my vote for best in show. Your Pro Bowl jersey isn't too shabby either. It's nice to finally see an authentic one.

Jim

Roger, you have an amazing collection, I'm a little disappointed that you haven't shown individual close ups of the Eddie George Oilers jersey yet.

Great work everyone, let's keep it going. Interesting stuff from everybody. It's nice to see these pieces that are locked up in collections, as compared to so many questionable jerseys we see sold over and over.

Here's a 1996 Edgar Bennett Packers jersey. Bennett was a dependable running back for the Pack in the mid-'90s; a great blocker and receiver. Not super-speedy, but a solid runner (1,000 rusher in '95) who excelled in bad weather. This jersey is hammered, with well over a dozen repairs and with Honolulu blue impact marks from the last game it was worn, at the Lions.

Guy

These are my other 2 '70s Redskins receivers- '71 Boyd Dowler, '72 Roy Jefferson.

Titan,
    I have 2 jersey you might like, the 1997 George and a 2000 Kearse. The George I have photo matched to the Cowboys game 11/27/97. It alo appears the he wore it on 9/7/97 vs the Dolphins. The Wilson "W" is different but you can actually where it was removed. It has a lot of use & repairs mostly on the sleeves & shoulders. The jeresy is tagged 96 and is a size 42.

The Kearse was worn vs the Bengals 12/10/00, vs the Cowboys 12/25/00 and in the NFC championship game vs the Ravens 1/7/01. It came from the NFL and the papersork says worn vs the Ravens. I have photo matches to the other games. It is a size 44.

If you want pictures of anything else on these jerseys
    just ask.

Guy,
    The Bennett is a good jersey, real nice use.
    jdr3
    Two more nice ones. Since Dowler only played one year for the Redskins would you say that all the 71 jersey should be Rawlings?
    Roger

Hey Roger,

1971 was the last season the Redskins went with a warm weather/cold weather jersey rotation. The warm weather jerseys were the Sand Knit air mesh, and the cold were the Rawlings Durene. Starting in 1972 they used Sand Knit mesh exlcusively.