Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Is The Best Authenticator/grader To Used For Game-used Bats ??? (no Jokes,please)

HEY OUT THERE ,

WHATS THE BEST BAT AUTHENTICATOR OUT THERE ??

PSA ?? MEARS ??

DO I NEED ONE FOR A MODERN GAME-USED BAT ??

GRADED ??

THANKS , EVERYONE
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: What Is The Best Authenticator/grader To Used For Game-used Bats ??? (no Jokes,please)

My own opinion is that modern game used bats usually speak for themselves based on model and use characteristics from the player in question. Is this a bat you are looking to buy? Sell? How big a ticket item is it? These are factors that would likely go into this decision.

Re: What Is The Best Authenticator/grader To Used For Game-used Bats ??? (no Jokes,please)

There was this guy and girl in a bar, .... opps, sorry...no jokes

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    There was this guy and girl in a bar, .... opps, sorry...no jokes
    Oops

MEARS LOA's are very detailed. PSA is also good.

if you are going to seriously collect game used bats???

you need to learn yourself .....

also you have the forum members for assistance......

especially on older bats, the forum is a great place.... plus it will save you, your money....

John Taube of PSA/DNA is excellent if you are looking for 3rd party to authenticate and grade a bat for you.

Here's John's contact info:

JT Sports • 1 South Granville Ave., Margate, NJ 08402 • (609) 487-8003 • Fax: (609) 487-8090 • info@gameusedbats.com
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

HELLO,
    I WOULD NEVER PAY SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY BATS AND TELL ME IF THERE GOOD OR NOT. IF YOU DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK THERE IS NO NEED TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT. I HAVE CLOSE TO 300 GAME USED BATS AND I ONLY HAVE ONE BAT THAT IS GRADED. I BOUGHT THE BAT FROM SOMEONE HOW HAD IT GRADED. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE, DO THE WORK YOURSELF. WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVE BY DOING IT YOUR SELF YOU COULD GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER BAT.
    THANKS,
    JAMIE
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    HELLO,
    I WOULD NEVER PAY SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY BATS AND TELL ME IF THERE GOOD OR NOT. IF YOU DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK THERE IS NO NEED TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT. I HAVE CLOSE TO 300 GAME USED BATS AND I ONLY HAVE ONE BAT THAT IS GRADED. I BOUGHT THE BAT FROM SOMEONE HOW HAD IT GRADED. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH THESE PEOPLE, DO THE WORK YOURSELF. WITH THE MONEY YOU SAVE BY DOING IT YOUR SELF YOU COULD GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER BAT.
    THANKS,
    JAMIE
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
    Or if you wish to have someone look at your bats because you are concerned and want the letters with the bats so your family can sell them when you leave your collection to them someday it is great to have a 3rd party authenticate your bats.

I would not use this service for $50 - $300 (maybe even higher?) valued bats, but if you have a nice collection of more expensive bats - PSA/DNA Bats and MEARS are the most trusted bat authenticators in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    HELLO,
    THANKS,
    JAMIE
    jlschultz180@wi.rr.com
    Nothing wrong at all with paying someone knowledgable to authenticate your gamers. There are a few good authenticators worth spending your money for piece of mind. But you still definately want to do your own homework.

Game used bats of the modern era, pretty much authenticate themselves....

They are what they are......

With a few exceptions (ex: early X-Bats).....

Really you just need to do your homework and know (and trust) who you are buying from on large ticket items.......

On lower priced items ebay is just fine.........

Check www.gettyimages.com (and other sites) for style matches and use characteristics.....

You can even learn a lot from watching games on tv....

Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum.....