Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Gregory Polanco GU bat

Thanks for the information.

Banned

Hey Dteters, your bat can easily be a legit gamer. There is not much info on Polanco's characteristics yet.
    I have no idea what his bats are worth but I'm sure you can get someone to over pay for it and pick up a nice Cutch bat if you're a Pirates fan.

Polanco doesn't write his "2" like the OP's bat, though, and it looks very slowly drawn, which would be completely uncharacteristic for an equipment manager to do. Even if the bat was a legit Polanco gamer, the 62s were likely added by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Polanco doesn't write his "2" like the OP's bat, though, and it looks very slowly drawn, which would be completely uncharacteristic for an equipment manager to do. Even if the bat was a legit Polanco gamer, the 62s were likely added by someone else.
    Not enough info to form an opinion one way or the other. It's possible this is how he writes and the other bats were written by someone else. It's possible he writes numbers differently. For instance I collect Josh Hamilton and he has a few distinct ways he writes his "2's"...sometimes with a loop sometimes completely opposite with the exact opposite of a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post
    Not enough info to form an opinion one way or the other. It's possible this is how he writes and the other bats were written by someone else. It's possible he writes numbers differently. For instance I collect Josh Hamilton and he has a few distinct ways he writes his "2's"...sometimes with a loop sometimes completely opposite with the exact opposite of a loop.
    I concur

Banned

I highly doubt someone forged Polanco's spring training number on this bat, simply not worth the risk. Odds are the bat is good.

Danasei, I am not sure why you feel the need to throw your 2 cents into every thread but you should really refrain from commenting unless you actually know what you are talking about. If other forum members didn't speak up, the owner of the bat may have thought this bat was no good and sold or traded it for less than it's value.
    This forum should be beneficial for collectors. People may not know who you are and overvalue your opinion because you are a frequent poster. In reality, you collect Cameron Maybin bats and haven't been able to prove that you add much value with your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    I highly doubt someone forged Polanco's spring training number on this bat, simply not worth the risk. Odds are the bat is good.

Danasei, I am not sure why you feel the need to throw your 2 cents into every thread but you should really refrain from commenting unless you actually know what you are talking about. If other forum members didn't speak up, the owner of the bat may have thought this bat was no good and sold or traded it for less than it's value.
    This forum should be beneficial for collectors. People may not know who you are and overvalue your opinion because you are a frequent poster. In reality, you collect Cameron Maybin bats and haven't been able to prove that you add much value with your comments.
    That's pretty good. Can't your last sentence be said for quite a few on here? Just change "Cameron Maybin" to something else and you've got at least 30% of the posters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    In the pictures I posted, even though it's blurry, you can tell it has a 2 with a curled tail like the OP's, rather than the 2 with a straight tail like you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    In the pictures I posted, even though it's blurry, you can tell it has a 2 with a curled tail like the OP's, rather than the 2 with a straight tail like you posted.
    Yah I can't see much of anything...let alone a curled 2

Quote Originally Posted by STLHAMMER32 View Post

That's how he writes his 2s.