Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Gernay, Oldridge, Horne Plead Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Now that all the Barneys and Gladys's have enjoyed their "gloat moment", let me be the first (and most likely only) one to say.......

Still......not......concerned.

I'll continue purchasing Bears jerseys from JO Sports as I have for the last 3 years.
    Completely and 100% unconcerned.

Fife and Kravitz........commence squawking.
    I actually get where you are coming from to an extent. If you collect a certain team, and the only person with access to the memorabilia from that team is known to have done something at some point that was illegal, what is a collector to do? Stop collecting? I mean, if I were in the desert dying of thirst, and I came across Bernie Madoffs lemonade stand, I'd probably have to buy a cup, much as I might not like to.

I'm not excusing anybody for wrong-doings. But I'm just trying to see both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    You should be. You think the Bears are going to continue dealing with a convict? Perhaps you didn't...think...about...that.
    Perhaps, I.......do......not.......care.

I'll go where the jerseys go, regardless. They're with JO Sports so that's where my money will continue to go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    See, I feel differently - I feel we should let him (them) post on here to explain themselves. Could be ground breaking. We all know with the legal work still going on they wouldn't post, but wouldn't you love to have JO and others come on here and discuss the situation with us?

I know it would never happen, but barring JO from posting doesn't really accomplish anything - They weren't going to come on here and post anyway, so if we left their account accessible to be able to post, maybe someday they would come on here and clear the air.

I don't believe anything relating to Penn State should be related to the sports memorabilia investigation - One was a sick crime that is so unbelievable that comparing that situation with a sports memorabilia while collar crime is not a good comparison.

If you wish to compare the situations, let's be clear - Joe Pa and even the accused in that case can come on television and other media outlets and give their views on the situation. Why not let those involved come on here and offer up for open questioning? Even a statement without reply could be something positive somewhere down the road.
    Geezzzz. Forget the Penn State example. How about this.

You think the SEC would allow Bernie Madoff to work with funds again? They probably pulled any licenses he may have had. Seems like common sense. You don't let the guy keep ripping people off.

The analogy was its not noble thing to do something so obvious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...=46843&page=40

So where are the people saying everyone was crazy because there was no proof? Apparently there was enough proof to become a snitch! Which means they have even more DIRECT information on forgeries which he will be giving up to the feds in exchange for a lesser sentence. Good to know this wasnt a one time thing, just one time they got caught.
    Agreed. Crickets.....

Nothing is really going to change. No one gets up in the morning trying to figure out a way to better the hobby. Everyone just wants to better their collection.

This entire hobby is smoke, mirrors & deception.

- equipment guys sneak items out the backdoor.
    - issued jerseys are sold as gamers
    - blanks are customized and sold as issued or gamers
    - tags are changed
    - marker is removed/added
    - game used inscriptions added
    - nameplates changed when scrubs and stars share the same number
    - letters, letters and more letters written
    - use added

Even on this board, probably half the monthly pickups are really sale items. If you get a bad item you can go public and hope for a refund, but more likely you quietly dump it with no mention of the red flags.

Can the seller convince the buyer that this is real use, that this documentation is solid, that this blurry area with the red circle is a photo match. It's always got to possibly be a piece from this big game, or this MVP season or this playoff.

Add all the info that helps, omit what hurts. When was the last time an auction stated that the jersey was photo matched to a game where the QB tossed 3 picks or the MLB star went 0-4.

Just like Hillstreet Blues...let's be careful out there.

What really cracks me up and fires up my urge to continue dropping turds in your collective punchbowl is how absolutely invested in this whole thing you all make yourselves out to be.

You're all in such a mob-infused lather over this whole thing and I know for a concrete fact the vast majority of you have never done a nickel's worth of business with JO Sports.

Your misplaced level of concern is quite frankly pathetic and speaks volumes. If this is that big of a deal to you here's what I would suggest:

Back away from the computer!
    Reassess your life and the set of priorities you've established for yourself and most importantly the order in which they are placed.

I'm not going to continue monitoring this thread from this point forward because, honestly, my opinion is the only one that really matters to me.
    And again, "balls to say that" comes into play.

Enjoy your banter and have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Okay folks, this thread is obviously taking a turn back down a road that was already traveled previously. Please focus your posts on things that will be beneficial to the hobby or this thread will be locked as well.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    What really cracks me up and fires up my urge to continue dropping turds in your collective punchbowl is how absolutely invested in this whole thing you all make yourselves out to be.

You're all in such a mob-infused lather over this whole thing and I know for a concrete fact the vast majority of you have never done a nickel's worth of business with JO Sports.

Your misplaced level of concern is quite frankly pathetic and speaks volumes. If this is that big of a deal to you here's what I would suggest:

Back away from the computer!
    Reassess your life and the set of priorities you've established for yourself and most importantly the order in which they are placed.

I'm not going to continue monitoring this thread from this point forward because, honestly, my opinion is the only one that really matters to me.
    And again, "balls to say that" comes into play.

Enjoy your banter and have a lovely Thanksgiving.
    My only concern is that those who commit fraud get what is coming to them. Nothing more, nothing less. And it is obvious you do not share that same concern.

Good day.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsGeaux View Post
    Keep thinking your JO jerseys are so great and remember this when you sell it GUILTY OF FRAUD.
    34swtns isn't "Guilty of Fraud".

They may be guilty of making posts similar to a school-yard bully chanting "Na na na, na, na, na" while sticking their thumbs in their ears, waiving their hands and sticking out their tongue, but they are not guilty of fraud.

It's too bad the forum doesn't know what exactly the issues were with JO to cause them to plea bargain. When Steve Jensen was arrested, there were three jerseys that were published by many media outlets that were behind the reason for the arrest so we had an idea what happened there.

With this situation, it appears no one who posts on this forum, myself included, knows the exact details of what merchandise was tampered with to make any statements about who has good items and who has questionable items.

Someone posted a jersey JO is currently selling with issues of being issued to a player as it couldn't have been game used, but that is not a crime if they correct it.

I'm going to guess that if JO is still selling memorabilia they are keeping to only stuff obtained from the teams because who would be stupid enough to sell altered/distorted/tampered items while your sentencing awaits?

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    34swtns isn't "Guilty of Fraud".

They may be guilty of making posts similar to a school-yard bully chanting "Na na na, na, na, na" while sticking their thumbs in their ears, waiving their hands and sticking out their tongue, but they are not guilty of fraud.

It's too bad the forum doesn't know what exactly the issues were with JO to cause them to plea bargain. When Steve Jensen was arrested, there were three jerseys that were published by many media outlets that were behind the reason for the arrest so we had an idea what happened there.

With this situation, it appears no one who posts on this forum, myself included, knows the exact details of what merchandise was tampered with to make any statements about who has good items and who has questionable items.

Someone posted a jersey JO is currently selling with issues of being issued to a player as it couldn't have been game used, but that is not a crime if they correct it.

I'm going to guess that if JO is still selling memorabilia they are keeping to only stuff obtained from the teams because who would be stupid enough to sell altered/distorted/tampered items while your sentencing awaits?
    Why are you trying to take those words and push that on 34Sweetness? It is any Jarrod Oldridge item that carries that stigma.