Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Goldin Auctions Larkin Glove

Quote Originally Posted by ctguy212003 View Post
    Bro honestly get a life. Ken went out of his way to research and change the description and contact all bidders. There is no other auction that would even do step one. He made good on everything and you still want to talk negative about him. Ken is the most honest auction owner I know plus he directly contacts us. Why don't you do is all a favor and stop the negativity. No one cares about your points and excuses. Everything is all fixed. Either buy the glove or be quiet. Your wasting valuable forum space with your childish rude and slandering comments.
    +1...!!

Anyone who thinks that the research of game-used equipment should be a mistake-free science hasn't been in the hobby for long.

It is the duty of the teams to make sure players are on the field with serviceable equipment. Sometimes quick changes and alterations are made. Sometimes hasty replacements are created. Sometimes the players themselves decide to take to the field with unconventional items as an experiment.

It is the COLLECTING HOBBY that has tried to sterilize the parameters of what the "rules" of a game-used item should be. Now don't get me wrong, I feel that there are plenty of obvious fakes out there and we need to learn how to spot them. It is logical to assume that Taube, Kinunen, Miedema, etc. have made mistakes over the years, but they are still the best at what they do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Bro honestly get a life. Ken went out of his way to research and change the description and contact all bidders. There is no other auction that would even do step one. He made good on everything and you still want to talk negative about him. Ken is the most honest auction owner I know plus he directly contacts us. Why don't you do is all a favor and stop the negativity. No one cares about your points and excuses. Everything is all fixed. Either buy the glove or be quiet. Your wasting valuable forum space with your childish rude and slandering comments.
    What poster are you referring to?

The guy who started this whole thread and anyone who is trying to be a tough guy and trying to sabotage ken

The guy who started this whole thread and anyone who is trying to be a tough guy and trying to sabotage ken
    Thank you for the support, but I would rather get everything 100% right. My issue with the post was that as an active and vocal member, I could have been emailed so I would have been given the chance to research and make a correction in private. I have spoken to Scott as he stated, and my #1 concern is getting it right, which we have.
    All I ask is if anyone has helpful information, now or ever, just email me at ken@goldinauctions.com

thanks

I think Ken is a good guy and his auction house is one of the best I've worked with - I have a couple jerseys listed with him now. I do see the posts on here about other auction houses and the lack of research they do and how they post things - profit driven and not so much quality driven. Its nice to see that Ken took the time to not only look into the problem but also keep the forum up to date on things.

Quote Originally Posted by SSB15 View Post
    Ken did the right thing by contacting the potential buyers about the mistake that I located. The purpose of this forum is to educate collectors about the hobby and potential issues, which is the purpose of my post.

However, I am amazed by sportsnbikes comments about my post. A review of his posts clearly shows he makes complaints about items being sold and 3rd party authenticators. It appears it is ok for him to complain about certain items, but not for others to point out potential issues to collectors.
    Are those companies active members here? Do I have a way to reach out to them privately? Your statement about me is silly. Yep, I have complained about 3rd party authenticators. I don't think I'm the only one who ever has. However you're the only one I've seen openly try to discredit a site sponser and active contributing member when there is a means to reach them privately. With that being said, I'm glad to see Ken was able to clarify the issue. BTW, complaining about a high price isn't anywhere near the same as trying to call someone out on integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    Are those companies active members here? Do I have a way to reach out to them privately? Your statement about me is silly. Yep, I have complained about 3rd party authenticators. I don't think I'm the only one who ever has. However you're the only one I've seen openly try to discredit a site sponser and active contributing member when there is a means to reach them privately. With that being said, I'm glad to see Ken was able to clarify the issue. BTW, complaining about a high price isn't anywhere near the same as trying to call someone out on integrity.
    IMO, complaining about high prices is just as silly. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by abstractheory View Post
    IMO, complaining about high prices is just as silly. sorry.
    That's your opinion and I respect that. I disagree and that's my opinion. I don't know that you've read my posts but either way that's cool. A complaint about a high price is nothing like trying to call out a reputable auctioneer. Those are apples and oranges, IMO. There's really nothing more to say here for me personally. As I stated before, I was glad that Ken was able to clarify any mix up. That's all that really matters at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    That's your opinion and I respect that. I disagree and that's my opinion. I don't know that you've read my posts but either way that's cool. A complaint about a high price is nothing like trying to call out a reputable auctioneer. Those are apples and oranges, IMO. There's really nothing more to say here for me personally. As I stated before, I was glad that Ken was able to clarify any mix up. That's all that really matters at this point.
    No one even knew there was an issue until I caught the mistake!! I appreciate Ken acknowledging the mistake and fixing it. There has been no slander as has been alleged. The truth is a defense.

Informing other collectors was the sole reason for the post. I have nothing against Ken personally and will continue to bid in his auctions. I, like all of you, want to make sure that the item I am bidding on is actually the item advertised.