Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Your Bryce Harper Collection

First time poster here. I'm a freelance sports photographer and on Sunday while covering the Pirates vs. Nationals game, I was photographing Bryce Harper coming off the field at the bottom of the eighth inning. He got next to the photo well, took off his sunglasses, bent them and tossed them into the garbage can.

Of course I had my really long lens on and didn't get any shots of him breaking them but I got a bunch of him wearing the glasses throughout the game. At the end of the game, I reached in and pulled them out.

Here is what they looked like when I got them out of the trash

Here is he walking towards me, wearing them

And after bending them back into place, here is how they look now. I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave them as is (bent) or get them back a better shape to display. Obviously I went with the latter.

That's a unique collectible. Game Used Sunglasses! I have a few pairs from players but none from Bryce.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    That's a unique collectible. Game Used Sunglasses! I have a few pairs from players but none from Bryce.
    Thanks, I was shocked he just tossed them in the trash like that. I haven't decided what I want to do with them yet. I'm not a Harper Collector being a Mets fan and all hahaha.

Odd that he should throw them away - even odder that he'd take the time to bend them like that before doing so. It would be interesting to find out from BH why he'd do something like that. Does he just have so much money that sunglasses mean to him what a Kleenex means to you and me? Is it a superstition thing - he was having a bad game and decided that tossing that particular pair of sunglasses might turn it around for him? (I once saw Randy Johnson toss his fielder's glove to a fan after a particularly bad few innings.) What is the significance of bending them up like that? Was it specifically to keep somebody from making a souvenir of them?

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Odd that he should throw them away - even odder that he'd take the time to bend them like that before doing so. It would be interesting to find out from BH why he'd do something like that. Does he just have so much money that sunglasses mean to him what a Kleenex means to you and me? Is it a superstition thing - he was having a bad game and decided that tossing that particular pair of sunglasses might turn it around for him? (I once saw Randy Johnson toss his fielder's glove to a fan after a particularly bad few innings.) What is the significance of bending them up like that? Was it specifically to keep somebody from making a souvenir of them?
    I'm sure since Harper has a contract with Under Armour he isn't short on sunglasses!!! LOL It would be interesting to find out why he threw them in the trash though!!!

Picked up these Game Used Bryce Harper Batting Gloves 6/26/12 & 6/28/12 Rockies vs. Nationals
    Trying to figure out how to get video for these games for better pictures since I found out today MLB TV archives will only go back to the 2013 season.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by carbonrosa View Post
    Picked up these Game Used Bryce Harper Batting Gloves 6/26/12 & 6/28/12 Rockies vs. Nationals
    Trying to figure out how to get video for these games for better pictures since I found out today MLB TV archives will only go back to the 2013 season.
    Carbonrosa when you get a chance send me an email please.

Just picked this up which was the last hit of Bryce Harper's 2015 MVP season! The double raised his BA to .330 OBP to .460 SLG to .649 and OPS to 1.109

That last 3 stats are all #1 in MLB

Career hit #528 and career double #98

Name:  Bryce Harper Last Hit of 2015 Season.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  171.5 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Just picked this up which was the last hit of Bryce Harper's 2015 MVP season! The double raised his BA to .330 OBP to .460 SLG to .649 and OPS to 1.109

That last 3 stats are all #1 in MLB

Career hit #528 and career double #98

Attachment 95075
    Name:  Bryce Harper Last Hit of 2015 Season1.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  43.4 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I can only imagine what that ball would be worth if he won the batting title by hitting that double. I was at Mad Max's No-Hitter on Saturday night. I was so pissed Harper sat out the night game but witnessing a no hitter is a great substitute. I came inches from grabbing a foul pitch off of Cespedes in the ninth. I was one of the only a handful of people in Citi Field wearing a Harper jersey. People where screaming at me for wearing a Nats Jersey in prime seats.
    That's me in The Blue Nationals Jersey going for the bare handed grab.
    Attached Images Attached Images