Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Lou Gehrig "gamer"

Quote Originally Posted by 5kRunner View Post
    The problem with the Goode bat is Wilbur Good doesn't have an "E" in his name. There are a couple Goode's, but apparently there is a tobacco card of Wilbur Good spelled Goode and that proves this is a Wilbur Good bat. And of course he has a fuzzy picture of Good using THIS bat.

All of his auctions are comical from the LOA's to claims of players using the bat from the auction in the pics to his incoherent responses.

According to a response to one of my questions, of course not posted on the auction. "I offer a 30 day money back guarantee." Which tells me the seller is TSA.
    5K -

Not only that, but in the Q&A Joel posted, he gives himself away as well:

Q: I assume you are using Vince Malta's book, "A Complete Reference Guide Louisville Slugger Professional Player Bats" as your source for saying Lou Gehrig didn't order any bats in 1924. Read page 44, the factory shipping records logbook from 1924 is lost. Since Gehrig signed an endorsement contract with Hillerich & Bradsby on October 15, 1923 (this info is also in the referenced book,) it would seem highly likely that he was in fact ordering his own signature model bats from them in 1924. Instead of asking others to prove your bat was not used by Gehrig, what evidence do you have to say it WAS? Feb-15-10

A: In response to your question here is what "TSA" wrote me: Vince Malta wrote a very good book really ahead of its time good work Mr Malta. I know the man good guy his partner lets just say i would not buy a used car from the man he hides a lot & always angry I dont trust him. I have read the book as you can tell i said it is a very good book. However what does one do when faced with a bat that is not in that book such as the "1916 PHILIES MAJOR LEAGUE PLAYER WILBUR GOODE" he cant be found in that book yet nontheless i still authenticated his game used bat. So what im trying to say is that this book was indeed a major source may i say major but by no means the only source. Even though the factory shipping records logbook is lost from 1924 what about 1923 his first year with the N.Y. YANKEES. This cant be found in this book either so what does one do when H&B bat factory records are incomplete or nonexistent. Well there are various fhotos of the era from 1923 including magazines,newspapers and sporting goods public catalogs. Which by the way i am reminded of what "JOE ORLANDO president of psa" said NOV 8, 2004 in a press release regarding that "babe ruth" bat that sold for over 1 millon dollars. He said "our experts also had to evaluate other pertinent documentation this included 1920s era newspaper articles,photographs and other material supporting its provenance that this was the bat used by babe ruth to hit the first home run in the inagural game at Yankee Stadium on april 18, 1923" his words exactly. I provided several pictures although i have many more just ask showing "LOU GEHRIG" in N.Y. Yankee Stadium on 6-16-1923 his ROOKIE year with the Yankees using this exact same bat 5 months before 10-15-1923 which is when he signed his H&B endorsement bat contract. On 6-16-1923 "LOU GEHRIG" did not have an H&B endorsement contract he did however 5 months later on 10-15-1923 so what bats did he use in 1923 his ROOKIE year with the N.Y. Yankees. thank you
    - Chris

Just checking his feedback and past auctions...

Surprised he didn't try to sell these gloves as GAME USED:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260547155689

He definately implies it:

These Pictures are NOT for sale!!! They are to help show you the value of this rare item
    LUKE APPLING HOLDING A SIMILAR GLOVE IN HIS HAND 1 (pic 9)
    LUKE APPLING HOLDING A SIMILAR GLOVE IN HIS HAND 2 (pic 10)
    LUKE APPLING NOTICE THE VERY SMILAR GLOVE HE IS HOLDING IN HIS HAND 1 (pic 11)
    LUKE APPLING NOTICE THE VERY SMILAR GLOVE HE IS HOLDING IN HIS HAND 2 (pic 12)

Again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260547176934

Implications:

3-5-1953 from far left gil hodges,jackie robinson,pee wee reese,billy cox NOTICE-BILLY COX FAR RIGHT with the DODGERS is using a PLAYMAKER 3 FINGER GLOVE IN THE MAJORS 1 (pic 9)
    3-5-1953 from far left gil hodges,jackie robinson,pee wee reese,billy cox NOTICE-BILLY COX FAR RIGHT with the DODGERS is using a PLAYMAKER 3 FINGER GLOVE IN THE MAJORS 2 (pic 10)

1953 MICKEY MANTLE NOTICE- the black patch on the glove he is wearing - A (pic 7)
    1953 MICKEY MANTLE NOTICE- the black patch on the glove he is wearing - B (pic 8)
    1953 MICKEY MANTLE NOTICE- the black patch on the glove he is wearing - C (pic 9)
    1958 MICKEY MANTLE Rawlings baseball glove ad NOTICE-THE BLACK GOLD PATCH ON THE GLOVE MANTLE IS HOLDING - A (pic 10)
    1958 MICKEY MANTLE Rawlings baseball glove ad NOTICE-THE BLACK GOLD PATCH ON THE GLOVE MANTLE IS HOLDING - B (pic 11)
    Mickey Mantle and Enos Slaughter AUG 27, 1958 NOTICE-THE TYPE OF GLOVE MANTLE IS HOLDING IN 1958 IS VERY SIMILAR TO THIS BLACK PATCH 1958 GLOVE (pic 12)

And Finally, how about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260542149876

He clearly has left himself exposed as the item was Certified by Justin Priddy (ACE) on Jan 17, 2010 per the LOA shown in the auction, the RE Certified by TSA 7 days later on Jan 24,2010 (I'm sure the same day the auction went up as it closed Jan 29th - 5 Day auction I'm guessing). But the wording in the TSA LOA almost makes me cry I'm laughing so hard... and I quote:

"The signature(s) described herein this document is in fact, with substantial evidence to back those facts, genuine and authentic."

He goes on to steal 'slant and flow, etc' descriptions right from Justin's COA, etc...

I would like to know what SUBSTANTIAL Evidence he has other than Justin's COA. Not questioning Justin, but the TSA LOA makes it sound like they were there at the signing or something.

The TSA LOA also goes on to state discuss their 'EXTENSIVE' TSA Library of Exemplars.

I would love to see this guy go down in flames....

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    5K -

Not only that, but in the Q&A Joel posted, he gives himself away as well:

- Chris
    Chris,

I am reading the "I" in your emphasis to be the seller and not TSA. His answer starts with "In response to your question here is what "TSA" wrote me:" so any reference to "I" after that is TSA not the seller.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Joel -

Gotcha! I'm researching all of his past and current auctions and matching Cert dates to auction start/end dates and am about to write him and see what his explanation is if he is NOT in fact TSA, how he gets his certs with pics (including the updated Gehrig Cert) so quickly if he and TSA live o far apart now as he has previously claimed...

And while I'm at it, here is a better example of him trying to push a glove as Game Used, while walking the fence and not quite jumping in with both feet:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1949-Phil-Rizzut...item3caa0957c7

1949 Phil Rizzuto Spalding Vintage Glove, Model #1173
    This old glove has heavy use, still a great glove
    Strong possibilty Phil Rizzuto Used This Glove
    See the other pics (NOT 4 SALE) to decide for yourself
    and do your own research and ask around
    Still a Great Collectible if its not
    These Pictures are NOT 4 SALE!!! They are to help show you the value of this rare item
    1949 FRANK SINATRA HOLDING MICKEY MANTLES GLOVE IN YANKKE STADIUM DUGOUT TALKING WITH FHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT-NOTICE RIZZUTOS GLOVE HAS NO RAWLINGS OR SPALDING PATCH & NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1949 a (pic 4)(NOT 4 SALE)
    1949 FRANK SINATRA HOLDING MICKEY MANTLES GLOVE IN YANKKE STADIUM DUGOUT TALKING WITH FHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT-NOTICE RIZZUTOS GLOVE HAS NO RAWLINGS OR SPALDING PATCH & NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1949 b (pic 5)(NOT 4 SALE)
    1949 FRANK SINATRA HOLDING MICKEY MANTLES GLOVE IN YANKKE STADIUM DUGOUT TALKING WITH FHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT-NOTICE RIZZUTOS GLOVE HAS NO RAWLINGS OR SPALDING PATCH & NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1949 c (pic 6)(NOT 4 SALE)
    1953 BOWMAN COLOR PHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT & BILLY MARTIN CARD #93 NOTICE-THE GLOVE PHIL RIZZUTO IS HOLDING HAS NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1953 a (pic 7)(NOT 4 SALE)
    1953 BOWMAN COLOR PHIL RIZZUTO ON THE RIGHT & BILLY MARTIN CARD #93 NOTICE-THE GLOVE PHIL RIZZUTO IS HOLDING HAS NO ANCHORED WEB IN 1953 b (pic 8)(NOT 4 SALE)
    FHIL RIZZUTO JUMPING & MADE THE CATCH -NOTICE THE INSIDE RIM OF THE GLOVE RIZZUTO IS HOLDING a (pic 9)(NOT 4 SALE)
    FHIL RIZZUTO JUMPING & MADE THE CATCH -NOTICE THE INSIDE RIM OF THE GLOVE RIZZUTO IS HOLDING b (pic 10)(NOT 4 SALE)
    PHIL RIZZUTO NOTICE-there is no spalding or rawlings patch on his glove & NO ANCHORED WEB 1 (pic 11)(NOT 4 SALE)
    PHIL RIZZUTO NOTICE-there is no spalding or rawlings patch on his glove & NO ANCHORED WEB 2 (pic 12)(NOT 4 SALE)

I know some would say I'm beating a dead horse, but if we're going to try and clean up our hobby, I believe in FULL transparency by bringing to light EVERY example of a percieved fraud's work that we can.

All the best -

Chris

Florin Cincu, the fine authenticator with TSA, lives in College Point, NY according to the internet. The seller is from College Point, NY. Definitely one and the same!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

good too see my post gets removed....guess some people just don't want to hear the truth....now i remember why i stopped posting here....

Quote Originally Posted by justinlm24 View Post
    good too see my post gets removed....guess some people just don't want to hear the truth....now i remember why i stopped posting here....
    Justin what posts and what truths? Just curious...

- Chris
    xpress34@comcast .net

not worth my time to post it again....obviously the mods don't want to hear it...so oh well...

Justin -

You can PM me or eMail me - eMail is below my name in the previous post.

I just sent these two messages to the seller on eBay and am awaiting his responses:

Let me start by stating that YES, I am indeed from the GUU community (xpress34 there) and I have a few questions I would like for you to address if you would be so kind:

#1) Why would you question a substantial offer for an item (the $125,000 one listed in your questions) unless you were hoping to uncover something that you KNOW that YOU (yes you MR TSA) had missed that could actually prove the provenance of this bat.

#2) In the Bench auction, you claim you and TSA are not the same - maybe you're not - but you know each other, or you are a sham operation as the address for TSA is in Whitestone (still on their LOAs printed as recently as last week - NOT 5 years ago when you claim the authenticator moved). 'His' address (Mr Cincu) is in Maspeth and you are in College Point. You make it sound like you are SO far apart - yet you are less than 10 miles apart no matter how you cut it. If that is NOT true, please give TRUE address (and name) for yourself, TSA and Mr Cincu. (to be cont.)
    Followed by this:

(cont.) My 'other' questions...

I notice all of your completed auctions had items Certified by ACE until the Mantle AU napkin - which TSA 'recertified' just 7 days later? (ACE Cert 1/17/10 - TSA Cert 1/24/10 and SOLD just 5 days later?) That's some quick authenticating... what 'substantial evidence' (on their COA) did TSA add beside's Justin's COA?

After that, ALL of your items have TSA certs with very short turn times from the date of Cert to the sell date - yet you had pics of the Certs up already when the auction started??? You must be magic or connected to TSA. Dates don't lie.

Finally - you went on at lengths to support Justin (ACE) and slam other Authenticators and drag out dirty laundry... but you failed to mention this case: Restivo v. Cincu, 2003-05319, 2003-05325, (Docket No. F-1717-00) , SUPREME COURT OF NEW YORK, APPELLATE DIVISION, SECOND DEPARTMENT, May 14, 2004 (Yes, that Cinco is Florin Cincu - TSA's authenticator) Jail Time? Interesting. Write back for more.

1st let me say that multiple searches have VERIFIED this:

There are 2 people with the name "Florin Cincu" in the United States.

Florin Cincu
    6041 55th St
    Maspeth, NY 11378-3328
    (718) 386-4710

The other 'listing' in COLLEGE POINT goes right back to the listing above.

A whole 8.7 miles from Maspeth to Whitestone (14 minutes - 30 minutes in traffic per Google maps)

A whole 2.3 miles from Whitestone to College Point (8 minutes per Google Maps)

A whole 8.5 miles from College Point to Maspeth (13 minutes - 25 minutes in traffic per Google maps)

KNOWN Aliases

* Florian Cincu
    * Florin Cinco
    * Slorin Cincv
    * Cincu Florin
    * Incu Florin

KNOWN Relatives

* Floria Cincu
    * Violetta Cincu

The jail time has nothing to do with authentication, but it does go to the authenticator's 'character'... he fought his (NY Supreme Courts Words, not mine) 'willful failure to pay' (child support) all the way to the NY Supreme Court and 'he was properly committed to jail for six months on a contempt petition'.

I'm sorry, but I have a child (step-son) who I love dearly and his 'donor' as my wife calls him is a dead beat dad too who tried to fight the measly $200 the courts awarded my wife while still failing to cove my sons medical at ANY time - even though the court ordered him to. In fact he was in arrears (almost $5,000) until he joined the Army and I contacted his 1st Shirt and now the Army draws the Support from his pay every month. (Just my .02 worth - this is a VERY personal issue for me)

So I'll wait and see what 'Mr TSA' has to say... I don't really expect an answer to my questions as I didn't leave any loopholes for him to squirm through.

- Chris

FYI -

Just for clarification from my previous post - I am in NO WAY Defaming, or Connecting Justin and ACE to this eBay Yahoo... just stating the facts from one of his auctions.

I have NO issues with Justin or ACE.

- Chris