Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You guys are not going to believe this!

ok, so I'm sitting at home yesterday, enjoying a day off....and the phone rings.

Not expecting anyone to call, I was FLOORED when I answered the phone and at the other end, it was none other than JOHNNY BLANCHARD! Former star ballplayer with the NEW YORK YANKEES!

It seems that Johnny wanted to tell me, imagine that, me, about all the new deals at Steiner Sports. It seems that Steiner even has stuff from Johnny's old teammate, MICKEY MANTLE! Well, at this point, I'm about to faint after hearing that!

I wish that you all could have been there. Receiving that call was just about the proudest moment of my life.

Re: You guys are not going to believe this!

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    ok, so I'm sitting at home yesterday, enjoying a day off....and the phone rings.

Not expecting anyone to call, I was FLOORED when I answered the phone and at the other end, it was none other than JOHNNY BLANCHARD! Former star ballplayer with the NEW YORK YANKEES!

It seems that Johnny wanted to tell me, imagine that, me, about all the new deals at Steiner Sports. It seems that Steiner even has stuff from Johnny's old teammate, MICKEY MANTLE! Well, at this point, I'm about to faint after hearing that!

I wish that you all could have been there. Receiving that call was just about the proudest moment of my life.

I know exactly how you felt.

When I was collecting Juan Gonzalez stuff, and having written to Juan Gonzalez on numerous occassions, I got to know Luis R. Mayoral very well, who worked for and travelled with Juan Gonzalez throughout his career.

One day I come home, and I have a message on my answering machine. It's Luis Mayoral. He leaves a message telling me that Juan received my package and that he is honored that I am such a big fan of Juan Gonzalez. He also leaves his phone number and wants me to call him back. I did. Had a really nice conversation with him.

A few weeks later, I get a few signed items in the mail from Juan, with this letter.

Although I didn't get to talk to Juan, it was still pretty cool.

Regards, Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Juan received my package
    I know, I'm a child.

Vintage - did you need a crowbar to get your tongue out of your cheek?
    I am beginning to appreciate your sense of humor, though it's taken me a few years.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thanks Dave... I now have coffee on my keyboard
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Vintage - did you need a crowbar to get your tongue out of your cheek?
    I am beginning to appreciate your sense of humor, though it's taken me a few years.
    I know, my sense of humor takes some getting used to. I'm glad that someone got the joke.

I've gotten calls like that before from Obama, John McCain and Charlton Heston so now I expect the rich and famous to call me all the time!

Jim

Well, I didn't get it. But I think I do now. I feel stupid!

I guess I'm the slowest one of all. Was it a robo call?

haha, yes it was an automated message. Once you say hello, Blanchard starts talking in a pre-recorded message. I must have ended up on a Steiner phone list for advertising. It was a sales pitch for their big sale.

Johnny Blanchard did not really call me personally......

you guys crack me up

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    haha, yes it was an automated message. Once you say hello, Blanchard starts talking in a pre-recorded message. I must have ended up on a Steiner phone list for advertising. It was a sales pitch for their big sale.

Johnny Blanchard did not really call me personally......

you guys crack me up
    Wish I would have realized that. Here, I share my similar story, only to find out you were only being funny.

Boy, I have to get out more often :

Banned

Vintage yeah I am gonna have to go along with everyone else. I didnt get the joke I thought you were serioues.

And I have the most driest,sarcastic humor I know. And I didnt even realize yours was a joke didnt indicate it anywhere it was.

I thought you belonged to some Blanchard fan club or something and he really ended up calling you lol lol

But now I got your joke lol lol