Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Purchase Foul or HR Ball in the stands

What is the most money you have seen a person offer for a foul ball or hr baseball in the stands? Just curious. How much and who hit it. Was the offer accepted or not.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Re: Purchase Foul or HR Ball in the stands

I was at a Royals game few years back when they were playing the Yankees.

Derek Jeter got hit, then Arod hit a foul ball which I ended up with. So the GU ball I got was a Derek Jeter base hit and an Arod foul ball. Some guy in my section offered me a brand new Official MLB but I refused.

I bought a David Wright HR ball in Detroit on 6-9-07 for $60. Top of the 8th, HR #11 on the season. The kid being a Tiger fan did not seem too sad to part with the ball. On an item like this it's more for me then anything else as you can't prove it being THE HR ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've never actually seen it done...but I think about it whenever one of my team's players hits a HR in another ballpark, and the home town fan who caught it bows to that (imo) silly pressure to "throw it back". I always think that if I were near that person, I'd offer them some money for the ball. I'd probably start at 20 bucks (assuming I had that much in my wallet) and go up from there, as necessary; how high would depend on how much I liked the guy who hit it, I guess. If I had that much cash on me, I can see myself paying as much as $100 for a HR ball hit by Conor Jackson, Mark Reynolds or Orlando Hudson. Just about anybody else on the team, $40-$60 would be my max.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinals0103 View Post
    I was at a Royals game few years back when they were playing the Yankees.

Derek Jeter got hit, then Arod hit a foul ball which I ended up with. So the GU ball I got was a Derek Jeter base hit and an Arod foul ball. Some guy in my section offered me a brand new Official MLB but I refused.
    Here's a picture of the ball. one of the most beat up game used balls I have in my collection.

I was at the games in June, 1996 @ Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City when Cal Ripken Jr. tied & passed Japan's Sachio Kinugasa (sp?) for the all time ironman record of 2215 consecutive games. In the record breaking game, Chris Hoiles hit a foul ball in the seats, which I purchased off the fan who caught it for $50. Fortunately, I knew the agent that Kinugasa was using and actually caught a ride back to the hotel afterwards with him & had him sign it with the "2215" notation on the sweet spot and subsequently had Cal sign it with a "2216" notation. If anyone would care, I could post a picture of it. I know it has to be the only GU ball from that game autographed by both.

whhp72@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I was at the games in June, 1996 @ Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City when Cal Ripken Jr. tied & passed Japan's Sachio Kinugasa (sp?) for the all time ironman record of 2215 consecutive games. In the record breaking game, Chris Hoiles hit a foul ball in the seats, which I purchased off the fan who caught it for $50. Fortunately, I knew the agent that Kinugasa was using and actually caught a ride back to the hotel afterwards with him & had him sign it with the "2215" notation on the sweet spot and subsequently had Cal sign it with a "2216" notation. If anyone would care, I could post a picture of it. I know it has to be the only GU ball from that game autographed by both.

whhp72@yahoo.com
    Id love to see it. Sounds like a cool piece

when i was bat boy i had some one offer me ravens tickets for a foul ball jeter hit against the screen. i just gave him the ball but he took my phone number about a month later he called me and gave me club seats for a ravens game he was a big car dealer in the baltimore area.
    another time a player hit a foul ball matt stover was sitting in the stands next to the dugout i got a foul ball i gave it to him for his son he sent me a pair of cleats the next week.

the most i was ever offered for a ball was $100 which i refused i just gave him a ball.

the best was sorry if i sound mean but this is the story the red sox were in town the last series before the playoffs in 2004 we had a double header back to back there was a annoying fat lady sitting in the first row she was yelling the whole time annoying all the players in the red sox dug out so someone hits a foul ball it rolls to the wall the lady tries to reach over the fence she cannot reach it i run out pick up the ball the whole stadium boos me i go back in the dugout she is bothering me during the game her husband is threatning the players to give her the ball pedro gives her a beach ball instead.her husband said he was going to wait at top of ramp after i get off work to beat me up because i embarrassed his wife
    sorry it was so long but pretty funny
    posted this in wrong section

orioles03 - can you enable your pm's? I want to ask you something.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    orioles03 - can you enable your pm's? I want to ask you something.

Jim
    i think i got turned them on if not email me
    pat
    orioles03@verizon.net