Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bo Jackson helmet on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
    Nice work. I know you didn't say it was a photo-match, but just in case anyone is looking to bid based on that, I will point out that the front clips are not the same type (at least it looks that way from here). The back warning label wear and All-American recon sticker sure do look the same though. A nice helmet for non-star collectors like myself (but I already have a couple Raiders). Thanks again Robert.
    thanks for making it clear that i wasn't suggesting that i had photo matched the seller's lid to fenner's helmet - i was just pointing out that if the seller wanted to attribute the lid to a specific player, fenner would be a much better target. especially considering the seller's helmet doesn't come close to jackson's gamer. and, i agree, the back of the ebay lid (worn warning label, aa reconditioning decal and even the numbers) do do look very similar to the photo...

interesting that the seller didn't feel compelled to lower the price considering that it's clear that it's not jackson's gamer. kind of makes it seem as if he always thought it was an authentic raiders lid worth his asking price but decided to float it as a jackson lid to see if he got any bites...

and thanks for the kind words guys....

robert

Thanks for the info Robert...I have had several Bo helmets come my way in past 10 years or so and not one has passed the test (helps that I have friends who work for the team) the closest I have seen has been a Riddell but the helmet was made 4 years before Bo played.....

I will keep searching......

Always looking for BO JACKSON RAIDER ITEMS

Hey Robert, do you still have the pictures of what the inside of Bo's and Howie's helmet looked like? Thanks photos are no longer available.

Sadly, I think Robert is looonnnnngggg gone.