Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: lineup cards

Hybrid View

lineup cards

I have a collection of detroit tigers lineup cards (the small size exchanged at home plate)...I have at least one per season over the past 25 years. I also have some from the 70's, 60's & 50's (very few). I have one from the 1937 season....just curious whats out there or if any collectors have some older than that..........

Re: lineup cards

Dale

This one is for you!

JCC1968

Sounds like a great collection. I think manager lineup cards as well as dugout lineup cards are quite undervalued. They display great, are legit game-used items and usually feature the handwriting of the manager listing the big names from both teams.

I have a couple dozen or so White Sox dugout lineup cards and nearly the same amount of White Sox manager lineup cards. They're among the coolest collectibles in my collection. What's not to dig about a White Sox vs. Baltimore dugout lineup card with Cal Ripken Jr. on it during his streak? Or a manager's card listing Sammy Sosa as a rookie? Or a dugout card featuring rookie Frank Thomas in the same lineup as Hall of Famer Carlton Fisk?

I have a Cubs road 1979 lineup card available for $50. skyking442@hotmail.com

Sorry For The Delay In Posting Some Pics...heres A 50's, 60's, 80's & 90's.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Those are so cool.

It's interesting how different Anderson's auto looks on those cards compared to the ball posted in this thread. You'd never believe it's the same dude.

Then again, my sig can look pretty drastically different from one day to another too.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Now that I look again, those sigs are as much as 26 years apart...Spark would have been pretty old in '06. It stands to reason that his autograph would look different than when he was a spry 90-something in 1980.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Thanks for posting. I love seeing these old lineup cards, and great names.

Sadly, I got into lineup cards late, so none of mine are close to being vintage. Most are from games we go to and can get without paying for them, so save for a handful at most, there's no real value aside from the memories they hold for me/my kids. If anyone is curious, I blog about our experiences getting them here: https://lineupcards.wordpress.com/. There are plenty of pics. We've gotten 210 in 5+ years, including 30 from MLB games (mostly from bullpens), the rest from MiLB, indy, college, college summer and a couple from a WBC qualifier.

I will attached a pic of probably our coolest card, even though it's not vintage. It's from Cavan Biggio's cycle game last September.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Q&A I did with Jeffrey Lazarus about his fantastic collection of lineup cards: https://lineupcards.wordpress.com/20...eball-history/