Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

1975 Game Used Steelers Playoff Ball

I have a game ball used in the 1975 AFC divisional playoff game played between the Steelers and Colts. The ball is signed by most of the roster including six hall of famers: Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, Joe Greene, John Stallworth, Jack Ham and Mel Blount. The signatures have started to fade but it is still in pretty good shape. I also know this was the game the Terrible Towel was invented. How much would a ball like this be worth?

1975 Game Used Steelers Playoff Ball

I have a game ball used in the 1975 AFC divisional playoff game played between the Steelers and Colts. The ball is signed by most of the roster including six hall of famers: Terry Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, Joe Greene, John Stallworth, Jack Ham and Mel Blount. The signatures have started to fade but it is still in pretty good shape. I also know this was the game the Terrible Towel was invented. How much would a ball like this be worth?

Re: 1975 Game Used Steelers Playoff Ball

It would be hard to pin down a definite dollar amount. So many factors are at play here: condition of the ball, condition of autographs, provenance, and the mood of the buying public at the moment, to name a few. I know you specify that the ball is in good shape and the autographs are starting to fade, but without seeing the individual ball, it's difficult to say - one man's "pretty good shape" might be a deal-breaker for another. Since this is likely a unique item (i.e., you likely own the only one of its kind), there are really no exact parallels to point to, though you might check out
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oakland-Raid...ht_1027wt_1114 for reference. It's been on eBay for a looooong while. Started at $10,000, has been reduced a couple times with no sales. If it's an item you have a serious attachment to, my advice would be keep it and enjoy it. If you're looking to sell, perhaps one of the more reputable auction houses (there are many, many threads on this forum related to the various houses) can help you out.

can you send me a picture everyone would love to see thanks mark

put the ball in an auction house youll get top dollar