Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can anyone help identify what these Red Sox jerseys are?

I've had these fire a while, but don't know much about them. I'm assuming they're salesman prototypes, yes?

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Can anyone help identify what these Red Sox jerseys are?

I'm not sure which Maldonado that is, nor why a minor league jersey would say BOSTON on the front, but Milstien (that spelling) is a verified minor leaguer who spent 7 seasons in the Red Sox farm system. He was a swing infielder and bery occasionally a pitcher who toiled at Winter Haven (1987-88), New Britain (1989-91) and Pawtucket (1991-93). He was 6-foot and weighed 170, so the size 44 for that era's sizing would be accurate. I'm not sure what else I can find, but that hopefully gives you a start. Let us all know how the research progresses.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Cool Re: Can anyone help identify what these Red Sox jerseys are?

Also, the flag tags underneath the Wilson tag should bear a 2-letter code. Let me know the codes, and I (or another Forum member) can probably date when those jerseys were issued and ued.

Dave M.

Re: Can anyone help identify what these Red Sox jerseys are?

Thanks, Dave. Both are tagged as F R.. So there is a possibility that these may have been worn? That would be awesome.

I took a look at the Wilson tagging primer, and it states that these would be a pair of 1993 jerseys. By 93 weren't the Sox already using this same basic design without the piping and the placket spacing?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Just a thought - even if they never played for the Big Club - maybe these were Spring Training jerseys? Not sure what jerseys Boston uses or used to use at ST.

The Rockies Minor Leaguers wear Rockies or Colorado jerseys at Spring Training even if they haven't made the big club...

Just a thought.

- Smitty

The only thing that would give me pause with that theory is the fact that Boston had never actually worn a uniform that looks like this. An interesting idea, though.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Can anyone help identify what these Red Sox jerseys are?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Hart View Post
    I took a look at the Wilson tagging primer, and it states that these would be a pair of 1993 jerseys. By 93 weren't the Sox already using this same basic design without the piping and the placket spacing?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Yes...they began wearing that style in 1990. The other difference is that the MLB Red Sox used NOBs, which these don't have.

Dave M.

Milstein is in fact for Dave " Milli" Milstein who played in the sox organization thru 93 and got in a spring training games, Maldnado is for longtime sox minor league coach and manager Felix Maldanado who just passed away a few years ago- he was Jeff Bagwell's first minor league manager. My guess is these were used in spring training in either 91, 92, or 93

Wow. This is really interesting. I had no idea that these actually had any kind of history behind them. Thanks for your help, guys. It would be nice if I could find some visual confirmation of this. Would Getty be of any help?