Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ebay transaction question/Bad Seller Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Takuleechch View Post
    Agree re buyer holding the cards
    I had someone use the buy now option but not pay or reply to any messages. I look at his feedback and he has a couple of "positive" feed backs from other sellers saying he never paid.

That's the only thing a seller can do - leave a "Positive" negative feedback lol. It's stupid
    You do have the option to reply to a feedback given to you and it shows as part of their feedback. Ebay has gotten so bad for the seller I quit selling there.

Well, that was actually pretty painless. Ebay sent me an email on Friday, as promised, asking me what I wanted to do. I responded on Saturday that I wanted to "escalate" the process and let them make a decision, and they ruled in my favor and refunded my money the same day. Can't complain about that.

Over the years, I've occasionally sold stuff on eBay, nothing very pricey, but I've almost invariably paid for Signature Confirmation. It's only, what, a little over two bucks, and I'm guessing that it would be tough for a buyer to dispute that something got to him if it was signed for.

eBay is getting horrible all around - people list things they don't have to just get a 30 day interest free loan. To top it off ebays system doesn't mark their account unless eBay has to refund the money to you. If the seller refunds your money on say the 29th day ebay say "hey they fixed the issue and all is good" it's just turning into a huge scam.

I bought a cheap item from overseas ($4) and waited almost 45 days. I contacted the seller and they just say to keep waiting. I checked their feedback comments and to my surprise they average about 60 negatives a month but since they sell around 8000 items a month their score stays high. Everyone complains that they didn't get their items. I'm sure a handful each month don't want to waste their time with a claim and the seller gets free money.

Quote Originally Posted by tella27 View Post
    eBay is getting horrible all around - people list things they don't have to just get a 30 day interest free loan.
    How do they get a interest free 30 day loan? I thought ebay refunded the money to the buyer as soon as ebay received delivery confirmation that the item was sent back. Also I think ebay holds funds for new sellers for something like 21 days or whatever.