Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mark Bavaro Eagles Jersey on Ebay

Can any Eagles Experts help me out with opinions on this Mark Bavaro jersey on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-84-Mark...item4acd938fb7

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Banned

Smile Re: Mark Bavaro Eagles Jersey on Ebay

The photos look good, from what I can see. Sarge92 has been on eBay for years, and comes up with some good NFL items.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Re: Mark Bavaro Eagles Jersey on Ebay

Looks like the jersey is totally original. Look at the letters on the NOB. The letters are painted onto the nameplate - just like the numbers. The Eagles would replace nameplates with locally made nameplates but the locally made plates are easy to identify from the originals because on the locally made nameplates, the letters are heat-pressed onto the nameplate and you can't see through the holes in the letters.

Jim

Is it me or does the tagging look mint? I also do not see much for wear on the jersey. And that is quite an impressive Bavaro biography in the description but I'm thinking some more details on the jersey, including wear, would be a little more pertinent.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    Is it me or does the tagging look mint? I also do not see much for wear on the jersey. And that is quite an impressive Bavaro biography in the description but I'm thinking some more details on the jersey, including wear, would be a little more pertinent.
    I tend to agree as well.

I will say though 1994 was his last year. He only appeared in 12 games and made 17 receptions all season before retiring.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Neely8 View Post
    If I had the time, I would research it myself. But lets look at 1994. Mark played in 12 games in 1994. How many games did they wear their white jerseys? Each player had 2 home and 2 road jerseys. he was hurt in 1994 and did not play a whole lot. So, with those factors, how much wear should be on either of his white jerseys?

Below is his totals for 1994.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BavaMa00.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    If I had the time, I would research it myself. But lets look at 1994. Mark played in 12 games in 1994. How many games did they wear their white jerseys? Each player had 2 home and 2 road jerseys. he was hurt in 1994 and did not play a whole lot. So, with those factors, how much wear should be on either of his white jerseys?

Below is his totals for 1994.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BavaMa00.htm
    Sounds like the definition of "light use". As an aside that's my favorite Eagles jersey style!

Banned

Did a quick search and its not definitive.

Packers - Throwbacks
    Redskins - green
    Cowboys (twice) - Green
    Browns - Green.

So, that's five games where they wore their green jerseys - there may be more. With a 17 game schedule that's 12 games where the Eagles may have worn their white jerseys divided by 2 that leaves perhaps six games where he could have worn a white jersey. Mark was hurt through much of the season and did not play a whole lot.

How much wear would be on a jersey worn six (6) times?

If I ever had the opportunity to speak to Rusty Sweeny, the Eagles long-time equipment manager, I'd have a ton of jersey questions.

Jim