Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Adam Dunn states "This may be it"?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I heard today on MLB Network Radio that Dunn will indeed retire. It's a shame that the A's couldn't find a pinch hitting opportunity for him in a 12 inning game.
    Moneyball for the loss! I think moneyball has been proven to be overrated. How many championships have the A's won with Billy Bean the genius?

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I heard today on MLB Network Radio that Dunn will indeed retire. It's a shame that the A's couldn't find a pinch hitting opportunity for him in a 12 inning game.
    I agree with the logic with the starting line up and it indeed worked but i find it hard to believe that you cant find a spot to pinch hit dunn in an extra 3 innings. I would still think its possible he would play for the right situation it just will depend on if that situation arises.

It will be interesting to see if he can walk away from 500 HRS. I agree I find it senseless how Bob Melvin can keep Dunn out of the lineup of a series on the line. That said; Dunn could leave his mark on the game with 500 - something to tell the kids about.

If he walks away; I'll at least be moving his home helmet with the Reds. I'll contact you if I indeed move it.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com