Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: PED Curse

PED Curse

So, I just found out that my second favorite "prospect" got a 50-game suspension for Amphetamines. Given that my second favorite player got a 25-game suspension for the same thing, I've decided that I possess the PED curse.

Now, since my second favorites got suspended, I'm concerned with my favorite player (Miguel Cabrera) and prospect (Corey Seager). Hopefully neither gets suspended for my curse.

Re: PED Curse

I personally look at minor league players and PED's this way........

If they get caught with PED's in the minor leagues it does not affect their pro career or collectibility in the future as long as they are not caught in the majors.

Does it make me suspicious about them for the rest of their careers? Of course. And I may not ever collect them because of that suspicion. But if they stay clean during their MLB careers I don't believe it should affect their collectibility or tarnish their MLB careers.

Personally I don't look at Anphedomines the same way as HGH or roids. I know technically it is a PED, but I know so many folks in college who had scripts for adderall... We've seen roids turn Brady Anderson into a machine, but I don't know how much of a difference adderal makes. I'm guessing about the same as crushing a 4 pack of redbull before a game, which some players do.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

I had an Aderall prescription about 6 years ago and I don't see how it helps anyone be better at a sport. I definitely wouldn't consider it a performance enhancing drug.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    I had an Aderall prescription about 6 years ago and I don't see how it helps anyone be better at a sport. I definitely wouldn't consider it a performance enhancing drug.
    Medical report: The effects and risks of Adderall use among athletes

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/5/37...ks-suspensions

Quote Originally Posted by sportsnbikes View Post
    It is 100% a PED...no question. It's effects vary from person to person, but in my opinion can be one of the most effective PEDs there is.

Can you start having all the other players in the NL East not on the Phillies as your favorite player? Thanks!