Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

John Smoltz Braves Game Worn Pants

Asking $225 smallfry121@gmail.com

Re: John Smoltz Braves Game Worn Pants

If I may inquire, I'm not a pants collector and the tags look so different compared to their jerseys and honestly, I just hope to learn something about an aspect of the hobby I know nothing about.

Am I correct in assuming the tag reads 29 (player number) Smoltz (Player) 39/41 (size? They're a 39 (only baseball would have a size 39 pants. sheesh ) according to the tag and if it's between 39/41 wouldn't that make them a 40? Any idea why they would list it this way?) 32 (length) 04 (year)??

In no way questioning authenticity or questioning it, just hoping to understand how to read the tags. Thanks for your knowledge!
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    If I may inquire, I'm not a pants collector and the tags look so different compared to their jerseys and honestly, I just hope to learn something about an aspect of the hobby I know nothing about.

Am I correct in assuming the tag reads 29 (player number) Smoltz (Player) 39/41 (size? They're a 39 (only baseball would have a size 39 pants. sheesh ) according to the tag and if it's between 39/41 wouldn't that make them a 40? Any idea why they would list it this way?) 32 (length) 04 (year)??

In no way questioning authenticity or questioning it, just hoping to understand how to read the tags. Thanks for your knowledge!
    Possibly because the waist is elastic and therefore can expand a couple of inches if needed. That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Possibly because the waist is elastic and therefore can expand a couple of inches if needed. That would be my guess.
    This is a totally logical response that makes perfect sense. But as a recently slenderized ex-fat man who has worn built in elastic panels in his Haggar pants that enabled them to stretch from a size 38 to a size 42, do MLB pants offer the same kind of belly room? That would be fantastic to hear!
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Taking offers