Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retail or Game Used ? Eagles Jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/William-Thom...item1c4f70084d

This to me looks like a retail authentic by the ProLine tagging on the front. Am i correct ?

thoughts ?

Re: Retail or Game Used ? Eagles Jersey

Retail. It isn't pro-cut, has neck tag, and back then NFL pushed PROLINE as top of the line retail. The factory that customized Champion and Russell would apply that tag after customization. On Bills jerseys at the very least, its an AUTOMATIC tell its retail.

Thanks.

Looks retail to me in my humble opinion.

One important note to clarify about Russell neck tags. In 1996, Russell had the small neck tags in NFL game-used jerseys worn by the Falcons and, I believe, the Eagles as well. There would usually be a small Extra Length tag in the neck of these '96 jerseys as well. Typically, there was not a Russell tail tag on these 1996 jerseys - at least not in the ones I have seen.

Also, some teams had large Russell tags in the neck that were similar to the typical Russell tail tag. The circa-1990 Houston Oilers quickly come to mind. I will post photos of the above mentioned Falcons and Oilers jerseys if I can find examples in my files.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for World Football League uniforms

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Retail or Game Used ? Eagles Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post

One important note to clarify about Russell neck tags. In 1996, Russell had the small neck tags in NFL game-used jerseys worn by the Falcons and, I believe, the Eagles as well. There would usually be a small Extra Length tag in the neck of these '96 jerseys as well. Typically, there was not a Russell tail tag on these 1996 jerseys - at least not in the ones I have seen.

Also, some teams had large Russell tags in the neck that were similar to the typical Russell tail tag. The circa-1990 Houston Oilers quickly come to mind. I will post photos of the above mentioned Falcons and Oilers jerseys if I can find examples in my files.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Based on what I have in my files, I am positive that you are correct on this, Mark.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

Can I get a copy of your files on the Chicago Bears?

Quote Originally Posted by G1X View Post

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

I found the photos. The first one is a 1996 Falcons jersey. The other is a 1990 Houston Oilers. (NOTE: The Oilers jersey was "recycled" for use in 1991 or later as it has the NFL neck shield that was added by all teams in 1991.)

Dave Miedema - when you have a moment, please let me know your thoughts about the Wilson tagging shown in my post at http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=63890

Thanks!

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Attached Images Attached Images   

I have a Falcons Chris Miller that fits this bill as well in re: to the neck tag. I'd always wondered, and found it odd, so thanks for the info. With the jersey in question, if it had a different cut and didnt have the proline tag we'd be having a different discussion. I'd guess around 96/97 was when Proline tags started being applied to gamers. I always foud that to be weird that the NFL made it a point to use Pro Line to push retail and it eventually made it gamers...

Quote Originally Posted by gobills123 View Post
    I have a Falcons Chris Miller that fits this bill as well in re: to the neck tag. I'd always wondered, and found it odd, so thanks for the info. With the jersey in question, if it had a different cut and didnt have the proline tag we'd be having a different discussion. I'd guess around 96/97 was when Proline tags started being applied to gamers. I always foud that to be weird that the NFL made it a point to use Pro Line to push retail and it eventually made it gamers...
    Sounds like the same issue with your Falcons Chris Miller jersey also being a replica. Miller was long gone from Atlanta by 1996 as he played for the Falcons from 1987 through 1993. The Falcons wore Russell during that time except in the 1990 preseason (wore Russell in the regular season) and all of 1991 when they wore Champion. The tagging should be in the tail for those years, and there also should be a year tag if it is from the period of 1990 - 1993 (prior years usually had year tags, but not always). The Champion jerseys do not have year tags, but the '90 preseason jerseys have the Falcons 25th patch.

Below are photos showing tagging examples that should be seen on a game-worn Falcons jersey of Chris Miller along with a photo showing a variety of Falcons tagging through the years. Note the '78 year tags in the group photo - it was screened on the red jerseys and stitched on the white jerseys.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WORLD FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Cool Re: Retail or Game Used ? Eagles Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Samets View Post
    Dave,

Can I get a copy of your files on the Chicago Bears?
    Samets: My files are arranged by manufacturer, not team. If you've got a specific, I'll be glad to help.

Mark: I'm in agrrement with Anthony's findings.

Dave M.