Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wearing game used memorabilia

I never thought I'd wear my game used items, but I was looking for authentic nba shorts and they're usually over $100... picked up three pairs at Steiner for much less so decided I'd wear them... Also bought an xmas shooting shirt game worn, but by no specific player. Post your pics of items that were worn and bought to wear

Grey shorts - Mason Plumlee game issued
    Blue shorts - Iman Shumpert game used
    Black shorts - Tyshaun Taylor game used
    Shooting shirt - Game used by no specific player
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: wearing game used memorabilia

shumpert shorts
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I bought a pair of T-Wolves shorts worn by Sam Mitchell a longgggg time ago to wear playing basketball. They are super comfortable.

I don't see anything wrong with it if you don't plan on reselling it after wearing it for a while...That would be kind of weird. I know a lot of people who buy game used because it is cheaper than retail. No name MLB player jerseys get worn by people a lot.

I was at an Augusta Greenjackets(Single A affiliate for San Francisco) game the other night and the guy in front of me at the concession line was wearing a jersey worn in the Chris Heston no hitter. I noticed the hologram and asked him about it. Can't remember the player it belonged to. (beer was bogo )

I buy game issued and slightly worn jerseys, pants and bats to use. The pants made for mlb players are better quality and last longer than retail ones. Most of the jerseys are jackie robinson day issued or blank backs with I have customized. Yes they are cheaper than retail especially when it comes to bats.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with it if you don't plan on reselling it after wearing it for a while...That would be kind of weird. I know a lot of people who buy game used because it is cheaper than retail. No name MLB player jerseys get worn by people a lot.
    100% not going to resell it.. I pulled off the steiner sticker from the shorts and put it on the COA. I love wearing the shorts.. so comfortable... The only thing I don't like is no pockets... but at a third of the cost from what they go for in stores, I'm thrilled... All my other game worn items are either on display or tucked away in a bin...

I have some John Lynch game use cleats that are my size... not sure where I would wear them. I could try them on for the fun of it though.

I have dozens of Alabama dri-fit shirts, shorts, jackets, etc...all are team issued and some have numbers on them, so I know that they've been used. I wear them all the time, especially in the summer.

I sold a Cincinnati Reds Los Rojos gamer on Craigslist. The guy was so happy handing over the money, I asked him if he collected, he said no, he was buying it to wear and was pleased to have a GU for less money than an authentic.

For me, I have a few player issued/worn items like warm ups that I wear. No game used jerseys, not that I'm opposed to it if it's a common player.