Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Cool Re: wearing game used memorabilia

I have no problem wearing game-used items of average players or managers/coaches. I often wear them to ballgames when the player/coach who wore it is in town.

Dave Miedema

Re: wearing game used memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    I have no problem wearing game-used items of average players or managers/coaches. I often wear them to ballgames when the player/coach who wore it is in town.

Dave Miedema
    My wife, son & I were in Atlanta to see the Red Sox back in June. My son & I went down beside the Sox dugout during pregame warmups & BP to try to get a couple of baseballs autographed...no luck, but I briefly spoke with a guy wearing a Clay Buchholz jersey, untucked, with all the proper tagging. I didn't ask him about the jersey, but as we were heading back up to our seats, and there were dozens of others behind us, but I did point to it and say "Really, Really nice Buchholz gamer". He smiled and said thanks. I think I would have worn my Youkilis replica, as I did, and left the Buchholz jersey in a frame...but, that's just my own preference...he seemed quite comfortable in it.

I coach high school baseball and I usually dig into the $10 pants at soxfest for the kids to wear for practice. My mom cuts them and drops them to proper fitting sizes for them so they are all altered and should be pretty noticeable if they were to ever show up. I also write on the inside by the names these are high school practice. If I can find cheap cleats I also pick those up for Softball.

Guilty as charged. Just "Commons" and nothing that I would sell to another. Now here's another question, has anyone tried on a G/U item just to see how it would fit on you but didn't wear it outside-just put it on to look in the mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Guilty as charged. Just "Commons" and nothing that I would sell to another. Now here's another question, has anyone tried on a G/U item just to see how it would fit on you but didn't wear it outside-just put it on to look in the mirror?

Usually when I get items I try them on and take a picture of me wearing the item.. basketball players are huge so I like to see how their items fit..

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Yes! I'm guilty as charged... Purchased a pair of Minnesota Vikings Adam Thielen game-worn Nike cleats, same size as I wear, and tried them on ONCE just for the heck of it the day they arrived.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 279
Size:  479.3 KBHi,

the same for me - I got the game worn jersey for the price of a swingman.
    Jersey is Cleanthony Early 2014-15, warm-up from Pablo Prigioni 2014-15.
    Both are Steiner authenticated, the jersey is photomatched.
    Not quite easy to find basketball stuff in average person's size, it took a little while. Both are size large.
    I also have older jersey that I would never wear because they are irreplacable.

Here's the jersey:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is an old photo I just got from a co-worker as I came back to work from a recent surgery a few weeks ago. I don't remember what I was thinking but here is me in my younger years, with braces, and a few co-workers, wearing Johnny Bench's game worn 1976 Cincinnati Reds jersey to a Reds game at Riverfront back in 1994. I remember it being all frayed up on the lettering and number 5 on the back from Bench's catching protector. Just wish I had it back! Seriously doubt I would wear it to a game today if I had it back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

when i sold a lot of basketball gear, i would frequently get questions from people about the length and width of jerseys because people would be buying them to wear them. interestingly, i found a lot of that stuff was sent overseas to asia, or to asians in the US.