Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Fraudulent Game Used Football on eBay

I was recently in contact with a seller on eBay (usrub_vkwjmozkr) about the Game-Used Steelers ball linked below.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...446439&alt=web

During our messaging he claimed he was told by the person that gave him the ball it was from the 2015 Steelers vs. 49ers game. Looking at pics from the game the markings seemed similar and he had come down to a reasonable price so I was considering a purchase to use for some autographs. Then I discovered this ended listing.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...430952&alt=web

This ball was advertised and sold as a practice ball. Analyzing the photos it is a clear 100% match (every white spot, the scratch in the word football, perfect match). The only exception is the referee markings that have "suddenly" appeared on the ball.

I don't know if the seller makes a habit of this fraudulent behavior but I have messaged him my findings and am awaiting a response (not holding my breath though)

Re: Fraudulent Game Used Football on eBay

Better check out the thread in the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion area. For some reason I can't copy and paste a link to it, but suffice to say the seller is in serious doubt.

Just found it. It's a shame eBay doesn't bother to do anything about this stuff.

It may not help much but please report the fraudulent item using the ebay "report seller" feature. List the item number for the original real item and then the fraudulent item from <usrub>.

All it lets you do is report the item numbers with no description of what is wrong, but the more of us that can report these sellers, the more ebay will at least "be aware of" them... Glad you found out sooner than later.

Bob

I sent the seller a message calling out the practice ball...I am sure I will not get a response...will post if I do...

Momtoluis purchased both...big shocker...

Just sent a message to the seller of the original Steelers ball to let him know what is going on. Don't really expect him to do anything but at least he should know... Included a link to the GUU thread on <usrub> and <momto> for his reading pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by punter96 View Post
    I sent the seller a message calling out the practice ball...I am sure I will not get a response...will post if I do...
    Ooops, you beat me to the punch!

<jsgolfwin> did respond to the message and he may report the seller. So at least the volume of reports is growing... come on ebay, man up

I was thinking about calling the El Paso Texas police about this seller. This is getting crazy.