Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Fraudulent Game Used Football on eBay

I won both...too bad I might forget to pay....

Quote Originally Posted by punter96 View Post
    I won both...too bad I might forget to pay....
    Be interesting to see how he handles that "forgetfulness". Hope he brings eBay into it and draws attention to his wonderfully authentic items.

I think I am going to wait a few days, maybe for the unpaid notice to come and then respond with something along the lines that I saw a thread on GUU and I don't believe the items are real and will not be paying for them...

Why not call the local police and report it as fraud? With the items being shipped all over the country doesn't it become a federal offence? I'd say especially since they are using military sympathies to peddle their fake story they deserve to be busted. Or call a local news team so they can do an exposé on a local fraud artist.....if it's left to just eBay handling it they won't do anything, eBay makes tons of money in seller fees of all the fraudulent sales.

I bid on a couple of this guys fake footballs not knowing they were fake. He seemed to have an endless supply so I questioned him and here is his exact reply .....Good evening. I hope you are well. Thank you for your interest. I am lucky to know some front office personnel on some of the teams. I have to be careful. It is not top secret information or anything silly like that. I get similar questions like often. I told somebody the name of a trainer that provides me with footballs to an interested person. I did not want to tell them any name or team. The interested person kept borderline stalking me "not really", but asking me about 10 times a day. I am not exaggerating. I finally just told them the name. That individual kept sending the organization emails and calling them asking them for free items. Anything that the team could give him. I received a text to please never do that again.
    When you think about it. All the teams have the names, emails and phone numbers of the organization staff. So since that day, I never disclose names. I learned my lesson. I also have a network of collectors that we exchange items from one team or another. Some of my collector friends like game used jersey, I know one that loves game used cleats (seems weird to me), our little circle of collector friends know that if we come across some respectable players game used cleat, he is always interested. We just know each other by emails, text messages and phone calls. We all live in different parts of the States and one lives in Baja, relaxing on the beach. He goes to San Diego about twice a month, checks his box at the post office and picks up his packages.
    It has just been years of collecting and I just have way too much stuff and I feel like it is time to part with some of it. Some of my collector friends will send me their items they want me to sell for them. I am retired, many of them have jobs and do not have the time or do not want to dedicate the time to sell their items on ebay. I say that I am parting with items, today I traded for a Lions ball. I am retired and just do this to keep myself busy.
    Sorry for the long message.
    k/r

He rambles like a suspect trying to cover up lies with new lies.

Far different than the military story several of us were told....

Quote Originally Posted by sprint23 View Post
    Be interesting to see how he handles that "forgetfulness". Hope he brings eBay into it and draws attention to his wonderfully authentic items.
    Received this:

Good afternoon. I hope you are well. Thank You for your interest and congratulations on your winning bid. I have not heard anything from you regarding the payment.I just wanted to let you know that I will be sending "second chance offers" to the other bidders. If they pay before you I will simply cancel this transaction. Have a pleasant day and I hope to hear from you soon.
    k/r

Seller Information:
    Ruben Camacho
    San Ysidro, CA 92143 United States

My response:

Hi – after doing some research, I will not be purchasing this football. I have seen several instances of where you purchased a ball (Steelers ball & Cowboys balls specifically) and then relisted it with “referee markings”. Also, a year ago I asked your other id (momtoluis) how the balls were obtained; which is now different than what you recently told another user. Word travels fast in the collectors space. While I cannot say with certainty that this ball has been altered, there are too many red flags and I refuse to pay for an item that I will always be wondering if it is real or fake. Good luck with the second chance offers, I hope the others do a little due diligence before deciding to accept the purchase.

I used to like ebays old format where not only could you contact the seller but you could also contact the bidders.... I considered myself an ebay cop because I would check items out and contact bidders to tell them what they were bidding on were fake and what to look for pertaining to what is a legitimate company .........way too many fakes out there