Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Players using MLB Authenticated items

Was watching tv today and noticed that Mark Trumbo was using a bat with a MLB hologram on the knob. Do players do this? Why would he be using a bat already authenticated to some previous game/event?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Players using MLB Authenticated items

If items are tied to a specific milestone in a players career or some sort of team record they broke often times they'll authenticate items to the event but bats are something players can be very picky about so often times they don't want a gamer taken out so they'll continue to use it until it Breaks. That way they can keep using their gamer but the bat is also authenticated so if the team keeps it they know it's the bat that was used for the particular milestone.

Here is an old thread to this topic...
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...=authenticated
    To me, I think Longoria has done this a lot, as many times his home run bats are authenticated but he continues to use them...
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux4Ever View Post
    If items are tied to a specific milestone in a players career or some sort of team record they broke often times they'll authenticate items to the event but bats are something players can be very picky about so often times they don't want a gamer taken out so they'll continue to use it until it Breaks. That way they can keep using their gamer but the bat is also authenticated so if the team keeps it they know it's the bat that was used for the particular milestone.
    this is true. i had beltres batting helmet that was used when he tied the record for most career cycles. it was authenticated to that date and the hologram was placed inside the helmet, and then the helmet was used for the remainder of the year and through the playoffs (had the playoffs sticker). for whatever reason though, the hologram was never updated and it was only authenticated for that one game. i think they should have added an additional session. also true regarding HR bats - longoria has done this a ton over the years.

453rd HR for the Red Sox.

[IMG][/IMG]

Different bat for his 2nd HR of the night.No Hologram.[IMG][/IMG]

Alex Rodriguez hit HR #694 on Friday, 3 June 2016 at Baltimore. On Saturday, 4 June 2016, he used the same bat (MLB Hologram on knob).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Lets just get to the inevitable conclusion. Put bar codes on all bats, each bat is scanned before use and the life of the bat is tracked using that bar code until its taken out of service. When a collector buys a bat they can then enter that bar code and see everything that bat has ever done.

Ive seen Gettys of Pujols from 2011 Postseason with the holo on his fielding glove. It may have been there the last few reg season games as well. Can't remember but deff all through the playoffs.