Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cardinals Authentics Jumps the Shark

this is just like the card collecting bubble of the 80's 90's...I'm sticking to my 1990s bats/jerseys......this new stuff is absurd

Quote Originally Posted by stlbats View Post
    Prices did used to be decent in the store, not any more. Rediculous.

Someone must have bought the Diaz off their list for $800 and now its on ebay for $5400.

stlbats
    I think the Diaz was actually $812 - that is if he got a bat tube lol

LOL, so true. Charge $800 which is 4 x what it should be, then charge 12 for a plastic tube. Shows what these clowns really know. We need that dude Pat back in there, even if he had the Julio Lugo's bats at $75 for 4 years straight. Give em away already, move some stock.

That's crazy. And its listed as team issued, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stlbats View Post
    Prices did used to be decent in the store, not any more. Rediculous.

Someone must have bought the Diaz off their list for $800 and now its on ebay for $5400.

stlbats
    Looks like it sold on ebay for around $2,500.

Better not let the people at Cards Authentics know... prices may shoot up 300%.

I'd just ignore prices that high. Diaz is on fire now, but will be ever match Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen or other stars from the past 15 years? Chances are, he won't. And when you can get a Pujols bat under $1,000 and Edmonds and Rolen bats in the $200-400 range, it doesn't make sense to spend thousands on the flavor of the day. At $800, I see no way someone can come out ahead unless the bat was really significant. Even if he went on to make 10 All-Star games in a row, it's likely a $500 bat in 15 years.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by sherbal15 View Post
    The prices on EVERYTHING they sell during the regular season is absolutely laughable. Those same hats from spring training will be in their store all year. I heard prices used to be market value a few years ago before new management took over, but I think its just a myth. They have turned off a lot of regular buyers with these prices......$300 for an issued hazelbaker hat? $100 more than holliday? Lol. I would rather just put my money in the shredder
    Yes, they have. I rarely buy anything from the store anymore due to the high prices.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

In the summer of 2015 the Cardinals wanted $750 for Dan Johnson's throwback uniform - hat, jersey and pants.....

In October, they lowered it to $600
    In November, they lowered it to $500
    In December, they stayed at $500
    In January, they dropped to $350
    In Feburary, they dropped to $350
    In March, they dropped to $300
    I offered $250 for the 4th or 5th time and they FINALLY accepted that price in March 2016

GOUGE.

Unfortunately its become a business that is afraid to leave an extra dollar on the table. They are so afraid to sell something for $1 less than they could have gotten that they start at an insane price and work their way down till someone bites. Really takes the fun out of it.

On the flip side I'm sure its frustrating to sell something at a "bargain" price and see it on ebay a day later.

The prices are high, but will people pay it. As long as that continues we really can't complain. Prices got this high because of the demand. I am sure they will adjust the prices to meet the demand. I noticed they dropped the prices on the mothers day and memorial day jerseys (Molina 4K down to 3K). That is a pretty significant drop. Believe it or not people were paying 4K for molina 12 months ago.