Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

ST Jersey purchased from MLB via MLB Auctions isnt Authenticated, huh?

Got my Tony Wolters Rockies jersey today and while exhibiting practically no use which I thought was rather odd for a ST jersey, it has no hologram?

http://auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auct...tionId=1103734

Did anyone buy other ST jerseys from MLB direct? I know they sold a handful of the teams, wondering if any were authenticated properly?

It didn't mention that it was in the auction, guess I've grown to assume, especially considering the source. So glad I didn't buy a high end player now, so bizarre...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Re: ST Jersey purchased from MLB via MLB Auctions isnt Authenticated, huh?

I got the Pablo Sandoval ST Red Sox jersey from MLB and it is authenticated as game used Spring Training jersey". Photo matched to the last ST game played (vs Jays at Olympic Stadium in Montreal). No specific date of game listed on the MLB auth details (authenticated in early April after the regular season started which must mean it was covertly marked). Clearly used all spring, and even unwashed. The jersey reeks of cologne. No idea why Pablo douses himself with Axe Body Spray before games...

Pretty sure the auction listings for the Red Sox ST jerseys said they were all "worn throughout Spring Training".

From what I have gathered, I think that most teams had only one set issued per player during ST (excluding special games like St. Patrick's day). That means that if they get holograms, they're going to be team issued vs. game used (like end of year jerseys). Also, if they aren't a star or rookie sensation, there's a higher chance they don't get a hologram.

I honestly wouldn't care too much, unless you're planning on selling it.

The Kurt Suzuki ST jersey that I bought is MLB Authenticated.

cruwet... I would love to see your Sandoval jersey. Could you post a pic?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I won a Red Sox 2016 spring training jersey that was authenticated as game used also with the authentication session on April 15. I would say the jersey has use that is minor. I also would have expected more use if used throughout 6 weeks of spring training.

Tom

Its a mistake that it doesn't have a hologram whether its game used or game issued. Send them a question through MLB.com/auctions through your item page.

It's a low end jersey I plan to keep, so its not the end of the world, just more rather surprising. MLB just responded to my inquiry from yesterday and they seemed very surprised and are "looking into it."

I thought the Rockies only had one issued as well, but Tony is a catcher and no way this thing was used for a month+. I'm going to ask the Rockies authentics people tonight when I see them, will be curious if they have any backstory before the jerseys were sold to MLB...
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

I won a Yankees Gregorius. Authenticated/holo'd as GU on 3/11.

Finally got an update from MLB. They think they went me the wrong one which explains no use and they say they have the jersey I ordered and they are sending it to me today. Curious to see what comes...