Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Question on Panini Game Used jerseys

So I'm curious about Panini Authentics game used jerseys, specifically their NFL jerseys. Let's take Andrew Luck as the example.

Do they obtain and sell the jersey Luck wears from every single game? Or do they only get his jerseys from certain games?

If they get his jersey from every game, or even just the majority of his games (say 12 per season), that would mean there are 12-16 Panini game used Luck jerseys from each season so far (besides 2015) and many more to come. Will this take away from the collectability of these jerseys in the long run?

Don't get me wrong, having a game worn Luck jersey would be cool no matter what, but it's just not the same as having an early Manning or Brady game used jersey. Early Manning and Brady jerseys were usually worn in multiple games and were much harder to obtain, whereas Luck seems to switch jerseys every game and then they're up for sale on Panini's website soon after.

While it's cool for rock solid photo matching and provenance, it just seems like if Panini keeps this up every season, eventually the market will be flooded with game worn Luck jerseys. Any thoughts on this?

Re: Question on Panini Game Used jerseys

While it's cool for rock solid photo matching and provenance, it just seems like if Panini keeps this up every season, eventually the market will be flooded with game worn Luck jerseys.
    This quote by you makes perfect sense. I do still think certain players will always hold a premium though. Will Luck be one of them ? No clue.